Nairobi Transit Hotel Accountant Job in Kenya 2019
Accountant – Nairobi Transit Hotel
About The Job: The Accountant will oversee the day to day activities of the Hotel’s Accounting department and ensure proper recording and maintenance of financial records to facilitate timely preparation of financial statements.
Routine accounting duties will include payroll, statutory payments and audit preparations. The accountant will also proactively oversee cost controls, revenue enhancement, profit improvement opportunities and safeguarding of the company’s assets.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Payroll
- Preparation and Managing of all Statutory Payments (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, Catering Levy, VAT)
- Bi-annual Audit preparation
- Maintenance of all financial records including P&L, Balance Sheet, Debtors and Creditors, Cash Movement, Banking reconciliation etc
- Cost Controls including monitoring Food Cost, budgeting, periodic stock-taking
- B.Com (Accounting option) or a equivalent
- CPA (K) or equivalent
- Minimum of KCSE B with a minimum of a B in Mathematics and English
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the accounts department of a reputable hotel
- Computerized Accounting skills preferably knowledge of hotel software programmes
- Team player, Good interpersonal skills, Honesty, Ability to work under pressure and independently, self motivated.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications/ competencies, a detailed and updated CV, copies of relevant certificates, and contacts of three professional referees, as well as current remuneration to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.