Norwegian Refugee Council
Job Title: BRCiS Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator (Senior Data Analyst) – Kenya National Position
Region: East Africa & Yemen, Norwegian Refugee Council
Webcruiter ID: 4161389716
Employment Type: Contract
The M&E Coordinator will boost the capacity of the Building Resilient Communities in Somalia (BRCiS) M&E’s team to develop survey tools and rapidly analyze survey results, effectively communicating complex statistical insights to a diverse, non-technical audience.
This is with the goal of providing timely, relevant and actionable insights for adaptive management in BRCiS.
We are looking for a highly independent and data-fluent mid-career professional with substantial experience in designing, developing and analyzing large-scale data collection projects to generate actionable insights for programme planning and change.
The position is based within NRC Regional Office.
The role reports to the BRCiS Monitoring and Evaluation Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, manage and analyse internal evaluation and research projects using quantitative methods in coordination with the Consortium MEAL Working Group.
- Clean, analyze and communicate quantitative data collected by BRCiS and external consultants including but not limited to the Consortium’s annual household interviews, seasonal monitoring surveys, Early Warning Early Action (EWEA) database, post-distribution monitoring (PDM) forms, etc.
- Prepare project reports, disseminate results and present results at internal and external events
- Actively participate in technical meetings, trainings and workshops
- Lead on the Consortium’s data visualization and dashboard presentation efforts
- Manage and update the Consortium’s datasets including the BRCiS beneficiary database
- Produce periodic analytical reports on data from NRC Global Outcome and Output Reporting System (GORS) in liaison with the Regional M&E Team
- Liaise with respective M&E focal points in the region to collect lessons learnt and promote institutional learning in the field of resilience programming
- Supports the BRCiS Consortium’s research and learning agenda by providing technical assistance to the development, management, analysis and dissemination of the Consortium’s evaluation and research work
- Contributes to the training of Consortium Members on the use of research and M&E tools
- Contributes to the training of survey teams in the field; participates in the monitoring of surveys and interview protocols during data collection; conducts data back-checks and supervises field teams during data collection to ensure data quality
- Provides technical support to supervise the research and evaluation projects done by external consultants, research companies and survey firms
- Conducts statistical analysis on quantitative data collected
- Prepares literature reviews and research briefs
- Any other ad-hoc request defined by the M&E Manager
- A degree in Statistics, Economics, Public Policy, Mathematics or related fields. Strong technical understanding of statistics/econometrics is essential
- 3 – 5 years of previous work experience in a related field
- Extensive quantitative skills, including knowledge of and experience working with data analysis software (STATA, Python, R, Matlab)
- Experience working with different data types including but not limited to household survey data, phone surveys, panel surveys, perception-based measures, satellite imagery etc.
- Substantial experience applying a wide range of statistical methods to inform program design and change
- Strong experience in Digital Data Gathering (DDG) technology (ODK or ONA preferred) including the ability to quickly digitalize/script large and complex surveys in XLS form
- Strong data visualizations skills including detailed familiarity of using data visualizations software (Tableau preferred)
- Excellent communication and report writing skills to present research/evaluation findings to various audiences
- Experience in creating complex dashboards
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector is an asset but it can be substituted with strong work experience from other spheres such as the private, governmental or developmental sector
- Detailed familiarity of mapping software such as QGIS or ArcGIS
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Works well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
We can offer
CLICK HERE to View the Job Description for more details on the background of BRCiS and this role
Contract Duration: 1 year, renewable subject to availability of funding
Job Grade: 7 as per NRC Kenya National Scale
Travel: 30% within the East Africa & Yemen region
Duty station: Nairobi is a family duty station
*Open to Kenyan Nationals Only*
*Female applicants are encouraged to apply*
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Application Deadline: 23/01/2020