Nursing Officers Jobs, Nursing Jobs In Kenya, Aga Khan Hospital Jobs
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The hospital is seeking qualified candidates to fill Locum positions for the year 2020 in our 13 outreaches for a duration of either 3 months, 6 months or 1-year dependent on the need of the hospital, suitable candidates needs to possess ability to organize and prioritize work, analytical with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills, can work in teams. Candidates should have license and registration with relevant practitioners’ boards and updated membership with professional bodies to fill the positions listed below:
NURSING OFFICERS (LOCUM)
The successful candidate will provide quality nursing services including performing necessary procedures at the Medical Centre.
- Initiates nursing process.
- Ensure safe custody and correct administration of drugs.
- Implement prompt action on doctors’ orders.
- Communicate effectively to relevant departments on patients’ concerns and conditions.
- Coordinate safe transfer of patients
- Support administrative functions of the clinic when called upon to do so.
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or Kenya Registered Nurse / Midwife.
- Basic Life Support /Advanced Cardiac Life Support and any other specialty certification will be an added advantage.
- Over one-year experience in a Medical / Surgical setting in a busy medical institution.
- Valid Kenyan nursing practice license.
- Working knowledge of a Hospital Management Information System.
- Excellent public relations.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates are requested to email their application letter and detailed curriculum vitae with position title and preferred outreach on the subject line, including names and contacts of three references, current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th January, 2020.
- The email subject line MUST include position being applied for and the preferred outreaches e.g. “Medical Officer – Narok Outreach”
- The positions are for the following outreaches: Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
- Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, medical examination or any fee)
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”