Head of Commercial and Corporate Affairs Job, Kenyan Accounting Jobs 2022,
Head of Commercial and Corporate Affairs-1post–Salary scale 13-14
Employment contract of Five years
Reporting to the Managing Director
Deputy Manager Commercial services Public Relations officer
ICT Officer Officer, Water Services
Job Purpose (Role)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Commercial and Corporate Affairs ensures prudent management of commercial function and continuous improvement of customer service delivery and monitoring and reporting on implementation of the strategic plan. S/he also oversees all communications for the company, ensuring its message is consistent and engaging about media reports, press releases, and marketing materials.
- Develops and oversees implementation of the business development strategy for the company to increase revenue base
- Develops and oversees implementation of the Marketing strategy for the company
- Ensure compliance to the statutory obligations as per the law, policies and procedures manual.
- Develops and oversees implementation of the Communication strategy for the company
- Prepares and submits monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department to the Board and ensure they are implemented to the later
- Engages strategic public and private partners on commercial matters
- Develop the departmental work plans, budget and performance contract/ appraisal
- Oversees all water services activities under the function including metering, billing and revenue collection
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the company in his custody
- Ensures provision of comprehensive commercial information systems, including up-to- date customer database
- Oversees preparation of comprehensive departmental reports and budgets;
- Oversees the Customer Experience and liaises with other functions in provision of quality service to customers including developing new innovations in service provision
- Oversees Carrying out customer surveys and propose improvements from feedback received
- Produces management reports in a timely manner
- Participates in strategic planning and implementation.
Competencies and Critical Success Factors
- Working with Others:
- Team working: Recognizes and develops opportunities for team working at cross organizational level, driving improvements to the teams’ outputs/service and developing colleagues within the teams
- Customer Focus: Anticipates the needs of customers, seeking evidence of demand from the market(s) and from stakeholders. Seeks out and manages long-term relationships with stakeholders, develops strategic initiatives to ensure the delivery of a quality and valued service.
- Communicating and influencing: Communicates and negotiates effectively with a range of stakeholders on complex matters that have future implications for the success of the organisation. Alert to internal and external dynamics of the organisation. Incorporates wider political factors into influencing strategy
- Delivering Results
- Making informed decisions: Identifies areas for development by reviewing current trends and data. Develops products, policy and strategy for the future. outputs/service and developing colleagues within the teams
- Organisation Delivery: Adopts a long-term view and plans resources accordingly. Develops local strategy in support of the Strategic Plan and develops resourcing models to underpin implementation
- Adaptability: Instigates and leads programmes of change, working in close collaboration with colleagues. Identifies resource implications of strategic developments and manages them accordingly
- Focusing on the Future
- Entrepreneurship and Commercial Focus: Keeps up to date with the factors influencing the commercial context of the organisation and actively seeks out opportunities for income generation, commercial exploitation, and to ensure the organisation retains a competitive edge within the sector
- Creativity and Innovation: Develops and implements new concepts, models, approaches to practice and products that have a significant impact on the longer-term success of the organisation. Drives strategic thinking.
- Leading and Coaching: Takes responsibility for strategic developments sets standards and direction. Takes responsibility for developing talent and succession planning. Is a role model for others.
- The Managing Director for instructions and guidance. Other Heads of Departments
- With departmental support staff by allocating duties and responsibilities to them and supervising their work performance
- All employees of the Organisation
Academic/ professional Qualifications/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, strategic management or any other Business-Related Field from a recognized institution;
- Masters in the relevant field is an added advantage CPA (K), ACCA or relevant professional qualifications
- Membership with the relevant professional body and in good standing
Seven (7) years relevant working experience with at least three (3) years in a Senior Management position Management course lasting four weeks is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application letter, Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, National Identification card/Passport and any other relevant testimonials in HARD COPY, sealed envelopes marked with Reference Number and the position applied, by 13th October 2022 and addressed as shown below. Or may be deposited at Nzoia Water Services Company Limited Head Office – Webuye, opposite former Pan Paper Mills, Next to Masinde Muliro University (Webuye Branch) along Webuye – Eldoret/Bungoma road.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following documents during the interview; Certificate of good conduct, HELB clearance certificate, CRB clearance, Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA and EACC clearance.
Nzoia Water Services Company Ltd
P.O. Box 1010- 50205