Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is a group of specialist Doctors working and operating across the country since 2010 under group-based practice model.
We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin-Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega, Bungoma and Nakuru.
We are looking to fill the following position with qualified and suitable individuals willing to join us.
Job Title: Accountant
Job Type: Full Time Contractual
Main Purpose: Reporting to the Administrator, the successful candidate will help the Accounts Department to do the duties of accounting nature with the team in the delivery of services efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Ensuring effective administration of petty cash.
- Proper handling of petty.
- Petty cash disbursement.
- Preparation of daily detailed cash analysis.
- Daily posting of the cash sales in the QuickBooks system. Upon approval of the daily cash analysis by the chief accountant.
- Posting of petty cash expenses in the QuickBooks system. Upon reimbursement of petty cash float, the accounts clerk should immediately post all the petty cash expenses in the system. She/he should clearly and be able to categorize the accounts with ease to avoid giving misleading reports.
- Receiving hospital good/items together with procurement officer and head of user department.
- Posting of supplier invoices in the QuickBooks system. The posting of supplier’s invoices in QuickBooks system should be done immediately and the administrator should review the supplier’s accounts regularly.
- Raising the good return note; incases of any discrepancies of suppliers’ invoices and internal LPO in respect to prices, quantities, damages or short expires the accounts clerk should immediately raise a good return note and send it to respective suppliers the same day.
- Stock takes. The accounts clerk should regularly do random stock takes. The random stock take report should be forwarded to the administrator for further action in case of any variances.
- Bank reconciliations. The hospital accounts clerk must prepare weekly bank reconciliation report. The report should then be forwarded to the Administrator.
- Posting of bank service charge and other bank related charges in the quick books system: the transaction should be properly and accurately captured in the system.
Maintenance of fixed asset register:
- Preparation of consultancy fees (Specialists): the accounts clerk should maintain an excel sheet analysis for all specialists. The specialist consultancy fees analysis should be updated daily.
- Quarterly stock take: the accounts clerk should be part of quarterly stock take.
- Budgeting process: the accounts clerk must work hand in hand with the administrator in formulating the Hospital cash budget (cash flow budget) and pro forma financial statements i.e. pro forma statement of comprehensive income, pro forma statement of financial position.
- Coordination and payment of all hospital businesses licenses and permit: the accounts clerk should always in advance advice the hospital management on all annual business licenses and permits obligations and when they fall due.
- Filing of hospital finance departments: all hospital documents should be properly filed on their right and respective files. The overall responsibility of filling lies with the administrator
- Degree in Business Management Accounting Option.
- CPA Holder.
- QuickBooks literate
- Comfortable with computer applications
- Customer friendly.
- Ability to multitask
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to email@example.com
Applications to reach us before the close of business 31/01/2020.
Remember to quote Accountant Nairobi on the email Subject