Office Assistant Job in Nairobi 2019
Job Title: Office Assistant
Our client, an online dating company that operates 35 niche dating websites based on religion, ethnicity, lifestyle and special interests is looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated individual for an Office Assistant job.
Purpose of the Position /Job Summary: As the Office Assistant, you will be responsible for overseeing the office cleanliness roles. You will be in-charge of the following but not limited to janitorial tasks to ensure the office space is always clean as well as front office responsibilities.
Scope and Impact: Your role is charged with the specific responsibility of overseeing general office cleanliness at all times. You will report to the General Manager on a daily, weekly and monthly basis giving suggestions and ideas on what can be done to improve the business while providing quality office support services with speed and precision to ensure the organization remains a market leader in the industry.
- Notify the business premises contact person of any observed irregularities or problems for purposes of fixing them.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Empty, clean and line trash containers on a daily basis.
- Dust and remove cobwebs from ceiling areas on a daily basis.
- Spot-clean walls on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the water fountains/sinks/microwave oven/refrigerator/kitchen areas are cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Dust and damp -wipe furniture/telephones/horizontal surfaces and blinds on a weekly basis.
- Clean, sanitize and polish light switches/door handles on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the janitorial areas are cleaned, sanitized and maintained neatly on a weekly basis.
- Ensure curtains/blinds are maintained in good order
- Vacuum and spot-cleaned the carpeted floor on a daily basis.
- Sweep, mop and maintain shine on the hard floors daily.
- Ensure the entrance door’s cleanliness on a daily basis.
- Provide external and internal support to electrician, locksmith etc and maintain security.
Front Office duties
- Handling incoming calls and other communications.
- Performing general office clerk duties.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies.
- Aiding with reception of visitors and clients.
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Business /office administration
- At least 2 year experience.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Warm personality with great communication skills( well spoken and written English)
- Men are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, send your CV only to email@example.com before 26th February 2019.
Clearly indicate the exact position (Office Assistant) applied for and your minimum salary expectation on the subject line.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placements.