One Acre Fund Policy and Partnerships Analyst Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
One Acre Fund
Job Title: Policy and Partnerships Analyst
Job Summary: Support the Senior Vice President of Policy and Partnerships on strategic planning, leadership initiatives, and special projects.
One Acre Fund’s Senior Vice President of Policy and Partnerships oversees three of the organization’s external-facing teams: government relations and policy, communications, and partnerships. The Policy and Partnerships Analyst will enhance the Senior Vice President’s leadership capacity by providing executive and strategic support in a one-on-one working relationship.
This person will report directly to the Senior Vice President and will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on everything from cross-departmental systems to external partnerships.
The ideal candidate has strong experience working in a support role to senior-level staff. Experience working in international development organizations is a plus but not required.
Departmental management and strategic planning
- Manage team goals and accountability mechanisms for all Policy and Partnerships teams
- Support yearly work planning and strategic tools development for the Senior Vice President
- Help support 5-year growth and strategic plan creation
- Manage updates and annual schedule for budgets and staff charts
- Support team retreat planning and team culture building through strategic initiatives
- Support recruitment and hiring activities across all Policy and Partnerships teams
- Lead targeted research to help guide strategic thinking on new projects or initiatives
Leadership support and stakeholder management
- Help prepare the Senior Vice President for Board meetings and presentations
- Help coordinate or create materials for General Partners meetings and related committees
- Support the Senior Vice President on the organization-wide internal coaching program
- Design and prepare trainings for the Senior Vice President to facilitate
External relations support
- Vet external partnerships on behalf of the organization
- Edit and complete first drafts of written communications to external stakeholders
- Coordinate with the communications and business development teams to maximize the ROI of the Senior Vice President’s external meetings and outreach activities
- Build and administer systems to ensure effective network management of top-priority Policy and Partnerships contacts, and support the cultivation of new strategic relationships
Executive and administrative support
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Senior Vice President, and determine an appropriate course of action, referral or response
- Proactively build or improve on structures and systems to boost productivity and unlock additional strategic capacity for the Senior Vice President
- Support scheduling and traveling planning for the Senior Vice President when required
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional(s) with at least 2 years of work experience and a demonstrated interest in partnerships or external relations.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Experience supporting a senior-level staffer, ideally in a non-profit or start-up environment (preferred but not required)
- Demonstrated organizational abilities, particularly in unstructured environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative approach and ability to work across many different departments effectively
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Experience in or understanding of international development is desired but not required
- Good humor, patience and a humble approach to service
- A willingness to commit to this position for the long-term (minimum 2 years)
- English fluency required
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, annual flights and other quality of life benefits.
Sponsor International Candidates: No; must have existing rights to work in one of our countries of operation. East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya / Kigali, Rwanda
Application link: https://grnh.se/bb435aee1
Closing date: 04/22/2019
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.