Operations Officer Jobs, Administration Jobs in Kenya, Kenya Country Program Jobs
PATH is currently recruiting for an Operations Officer to support the operations and administrative functions. The Operations Officer will report to the Director of Finance and Administration and will work closely with other teams across PATH Kenya. We are seeking an Operations Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Manage Nairobi office facilities, housekeeping services, improvements, repairs and renovations.
- Oversee the leases for Nairobi and sub-offices
- Oversee management of PATH Kenya assets inventory
- Responsible for issuing and tracking of commonly shared equipment
- New Hire set up – Prepare workstations in advance of arrival of new employees and ensure workstation is stocked with required supplies.
- Oversee PATH vehicle management.
- Responsible for allocation of vehicle. Keeps track and monitors compensation leave for direct reports.
- Monitor vehicle utilization, maintenance and expenses and generate monthly report
- Assure all necessary licenses and permits are kept current.
- Coordinate delivery of all new vehicles including fitting of required security units, applying for new fuel cards, vehicle insurance and dispatching the vehicles to respective offices.
- Coordinate with the insurance company in case of accidents for claims processing.
- Serve as Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Nairobi Office
- Serve as primary administrative liaison with Global Security Officer on Office Emergency Management Plan
- Responsible for keeping the workspace safe and stocked with first aid and emergency supplies.
- Share relevant security information with staff and management for action
- Oversee security systems for the office and staff.
- Problem solve in case of theft
- Oversee duties and activities of Logistics Assistant, IT Assistant and Receptionist.
- Facilitate individual team member success through communication, delegation, feedback and performance assessment.
- Review and update current assignments
- Provide support for staff development
- Oversee travel management for Kenya office including managing relationships with travel agents, hotels and vendors.
- Developing and implementing travel policies and procedures.
- Coordinate annual review of PATH Kenya specific per diem rates
Finance and Budget Monitoring:
- Involved in preparation of annual Facilities and Overheads budgets
- Review monthly expenditure reports and discuss any issues with the PADM and RPM.
- Review of recurrent administrative expenses.
- Review annual supplier contracts
Maintain administration files and records, ensuring confidentiality of documents.
Oversee offsite records archiving and retrieval processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related qualification, minimum 5 years’ experience in Admin Management
- Additional experience in basic accounting or logistics is an added advantage
- Experience managing and supervising a team
- Working well under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity
- Strong oral and written communication skills, fluency in English is required
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships and effectively address complex and sensitive administrative issues
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
How To Apply