Paid Admin Internship Job vacancy in Kenya 2020
Title: Admin Intern – Thika.
Contract Type: 6 months contract.
Salary: Monthly stipend to be provided.
Our client is a medical research organization. They seek to hire an Admin Intern to provide support to the admin office in ensuring smooth flow of activities and ensuring compliance to laid down site procedures and other legal requirements. S/He will provide support in Finance, Procurement and Logistics Departments
Admin Internship Responsibilities
- Assist in preparation and submission of timely and accurate monthly financial reports on usage of project funds.
- Assist in preparation of vendor payments.
- Issue out cheques using the cheque issuance log
- Follow up with vendors on receipts for payment made.
- Make bank deposits on behalf of the organization
- Collate utility bills and ensure they are paid before their due date.
- Assist in quotes solicitation and preparation of bid analysis
- Assist in receiving and inspection of goods and services
- Assist in filling of procurement documents and any other related documents
- Assist in performing market survey in regards to pricing
- Assist in keeping track of equipment maintenance service contracts
- Assist in assigning project vehicles to staff for field activities.
- Assist in allocating vehicles and duties to drivers
- Assist in supervising drivers in their day today duties
- Assist in preparing maintenance /repairs schedules for Vehicles
- Assist in managing motor vehicle file registry and maintain motor vehicle fleet register
- Assist in verifying and monitoring vehicle fueling
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Admin Internship Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline. Or Equivalent Diploma with more than 1 year of experience.
- Understanding of Accounting Principles/Supply chain
- Microsoft office Suite (excel and word) knowledge and experience are required
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
- Little or no experience required.
All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
How to Apply
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 10th January 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.