Palladium Group Communications Specialist Job in Kenya 2019
The Palladium Group seeks a short-term Nairobi or Mombasa-based Communications Specialist for the USAID Afya Pwani project in Kenya.
Afya Pwani’s goal is to contribute to USAI D/Kenya’s Sub-Intermediate Result 2.2.2, “Improved county-level accountability, institutional capacity, leadership, and management of health service delivery”, with an aim to “Improve and increase access to and utilization of quality health services in Kenya through strengthened service delivery and institutional capacity of county health systems”.
Position Summary: The Communications Specialist will support Palladium’s communication and dissemination activities in Kenya between March and June 2019. The consultant will produce high quality writing and materials that document achievements in supporting county health management teams.
The consultant will report to the Afya Pwani Senior HSS Advisor / Palladium Team Leader, who is based in Mombasa.
The consultant will ideally be based in Nairobi or Mombasa, Kenya.
No expatriate benefits are associated with this consultancy.
- Assist in writing reports, presentations and publications, summarizing the work of the project’s TA to County Health Management Teams over the past three years.
- Liaise with communication team from Pathfinder International to ensure prompt submission of HSS reports as needed
- Manage Afya Pwani HSS team photography assignments and establish a photo-bank/repository for staff use.
- Draft press releases related to key events, and in-depth articles on Afya Pwani health systems work in Kenya for use on Afya Pwani website and for local media.
- In close collaboration with the Pathfinder Communications Officer, ensure that the Afya Pwani website is up to date and all information is accurate.
- Assist in local production of publications, banners, brochures and other printed material with vendors, from design and concept to print production.
Educational Background and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A university degree in Communications, Journalism, public health, technical writing or a relevant field. (Master’s degree will be an added advantage).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience and familiarity with public health and county governance structure, language and terminologies.
- Strong writing and design skills, a writing test will be administered to all candidates being interviewed.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communications skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Solid computer skills, including photo editing and desktop publishing.
How to Apply:
Please CLICK HERE to apply online
Applications are due Friday, March 8 2019.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis- early submissions are strongly encouraged.