Temporary Finance Assistant Job, Current NGO Vacancies 2023,
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH Kenya is seeking a temporary Finance Assistant based in Nairobi Kenya, to support the finance function of the Nairobi office. This role will be for a period of three (3) months and will report to the Finance Manager. This role will support Accounts Payable execution, transaction processing, financial data validation, financial data entry and projects support.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Ensure all Accounts Payables are treated in line with PATH policy and project guidelines.
- Liaise with project teams to ensure timely and accurate closure of project payment requests.
- Check and validate payment requests and invoices ensuring appropriate supporting documentation for audit trail.
- Perform accurate data entry in the ERP in accordance with GAAP and PATH policy.
- Prepare payments and ensure accurate banking entries.
- Perform delegated bank roles in alignment with PATH policy.
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded in line with PATH policy.
- Reconcile all suppliers’ statements with ERP ledger balance records and close any discrepancies.
- Provide support for DA1 forms delivery to US Embassy. Provide support for any follow up actions.
- Support in audit by retrieval of documents.
- Liaise closely with the Nairobi office Finance officer.
- Professional accountancy qualification (Certified Public Accountants – CPA, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants – ACCA, or equivalent membership of a recognized professional accountancy organization in good standing).
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software. Hands on experience in Business World software will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work effectively with the project teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English.
- Immediate availability required.
How to Apply
Must have legal authorization to work in Kenya.