Personal Chef Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Job Title: Personal Chef
Our client is one of the leading law firm based in Nairobi.
They are seeking to hire a male chef of age between 35-50 years.
Role Summary: We are looking for a Personal Chef who will be tasked with the preparation and cooking of a wide variety of cuisine ranging from, but not limited to; local, Arabic, Italian, French and Middle EAST.
- Plan and writes nutritious menus for all meals in accordance with required standards;
- Regular food preparation and cooking in accordance with recipes and menus;
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that the required high standards are met
- Estimate food needs and reviews inventory to ensure that adequate supplies are available
- Maintains safety standards throughout all food preparation and storage areas
- Ensures that all food is prepared on time and hygienic conditions are maintained;
- Monitors and maintains the inventory of food and supplies and orders food and supplies in sufficient quantities for weekly meals
- Monitors and assists in daily clean-up of kitchen, service and dining areas
- Ensure that all safety standards are followed including proper use of kitchen equipment, sanitation of the work areas and cooking utensils;
- Maintain monthly cost and expenditure records for the kitchen and comparison of actual costs against budget.
- Utilize computerized nutrition analysis and menu planning software
- Must hold a degree or at least a diploma in Hospitality and or food and beverage preparation from a reputable institution.
- Should have worked as a chef for NOT less than 5 years in the field.
- Should be willing to work for a family residential home in Nairobi.
- Should be able to prepare different types of cuisine ranging from, but not limited to; local, Arabic, Italian, French and Middle EAST.
- Must be able to keep up with cooking trends and come up with new menus.
- Should maintain a high level of cleanliness.
- Should have excellent communication skills.
- Should demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Must be proactive and self-motivated.
- Must have ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Personal Chef) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 22nd March 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.