Pharmaceutical Technician Jobs, Pharmaceutical Jobs in Kenya, International Rescue Committee Jobs.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Pharmacist or designate, the Pharmaceutical technologist- will be involved in management of the pharmacy and drug management systems.
- Receive, verify and record all incoming items in the Hospital drug store
- Issue and record all items duly requested by the consumption units in the prescribed format
- Ensure proper filling and storage all the documents in the hospital drug store.
- Monitor consumptions of items in the consumptions units
- Ensure proper storage of all items in the Hospital drug store
- Regularly monitor expiry dates of all items.
- Monitor on poor utilized and slow moving items and in consultation with the supervisor advice the prescribers/users accordingly
- Monitor the stock levels and in consultation with the supervisor to avoid unnecessary stock outs
- Record twice daily the temperatures in the cold room and the fridge
- Ensure proper maintenance of cold chain in the drug store
- Offer pharmaceutical advice when required
- With the supervisor assist in preparation of consumption reports
- Conduct regular physical inventory to ensure compliance of records
- Do any other duty as assigned to you by your supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Accurate and timely documentation of all issues and received drugs and medical items;
- Daily recording and tracking of temperatures in the cold room and the fridge
- Timely issue orders to the various units in the prescribed forms on their ordering days.
- Proper storage of drugs and medical items.
- Tracking of expiries and slow moving items.
- A Diploma in pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- He/She must be enrolled by the pharmacy and poisons board
- At least three years hospital pharmacy experience.
- Good communication and writing skills
- Computer literate
Required Experience & Competencies
- A good team player
- Fluency in written and spoken English and in the Somali language is an advantage.
- Ability to work ethically in demanding environment.
- Good customer care skills
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application
How To Apply