2. Plant Operators (CPSB 14) (2 POSTS)
Job Ref: KCPSB/PO/PW/02/13/05/21
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Requirements for Appointment
• Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D (Plain)or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
• Have passed the suitability test for plant operators;
• Possess a valid Driving License free from current endorsements for class(es) of machine(s) that one may be required to operate;
• Be able to operate at least two (2) plants of difficult rating ‘C’
• Attended a First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St John Ambulance or the Kenya Institute of Highways and Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution; and
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Operating heavy plants of ‘difficult rating’ A or B;
• Keeping records of inventory of the assigned plant;
• Formulating and administering working techniques;
• Assisting in costing and evaluating small roads and accesses;
• Preparing maintenance schedules for services of machines;
• Organizing, managing and controlling operatives and machines in road construction projects and units;
• Carrying out filter and oil changes and simple adjustments not requiring special tools;
• Assist in training of junior plant operators/attachees.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
• Curriculum Vitae,
• Academic and Professional certificates,
• PIN Certificate,
• National Identity Card or Passport and
• Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before Friday, 28th May 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:
www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details.
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.