Political Support Officer Job, Administration Jobs in Kenya, British High Commission Jobs
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer.
We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow
Main Purpose of Job
- Providing support to the Political team to ensure smooth day to day running of the office.
- Managing Political teams related resources and information to ensure delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Political Team diary coordination
- Arranging meetings, appointments and social events
- Issuing invitations for official functions and keeping a record of guest lists
- Photocopying, faxing, despatching correspondence
- Distributing and collecting internal papers
- Booking official travel and transport
- Organising programmes for duty tours
- Covering for PA/HC during periods of absence
- Support to Visits Officer including ad-hoc airport meet and greets and cover when Visits Officer is on leave
- Maintenance of Political Section’s contacts database
- Ensure compliant record keeping and information management by team
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years Previous work experience as a Personal Assistant or Administrator;
- An Undergraduate in Business Studies or similar;
- A basic understanding of Kenya’s political landscape.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritise effectively
- Organised and able to file methodically
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and use initiative to chase up progress on tasks
- Produces clear, accurate work paying attention to detail
- Makes effective use of office IT systems and software relevant to the job. Understands how to use spreadsheets, databases and PowerPoint
- Experience of financial and budget procedures and able to accurately manage budgets
- Can support colleagues when under pressure and able to contribute to cross-team working
- Can convey information accurately and concisely.
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
Learning and Development Opportunities
- To be agreed with the successful candidate, taking into account previous experience and business need.
- Full-time hours required. However, flexible working arrangements welcome and can be discussed during the recruitment process.
- Members of staff are entitled to paid annual leave, which is earned, from the day they commence employment.
- Entitlements are as follows:
- Grades A2 (L) 25 days
- In addition to annual leave, the BHC normally observes no fewer than 9 and no more than 14 Kenyan and British public and religious holidays in a year.
- These vary from year to year and are at the discretion of the High Commissioner.
- A list of holidays is published each year.
How to Apply