Senior Principal Superintending Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs In Kenya 2020,
J/G” R” (COUNTY DIRECTOR WATER SERVICES) 1 (ONE) POST
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Chief Officer for planning, directing, controlling and coordinating technical and administrative activities of water and sewerage systems in the county.
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:-
- Participating in preparation of Professional and Quality Standards for construction of water supply and sewerage infrastructure;
- Overseeing the construction of water and sewerage works directly or by contract;
- formulating, monitoring and evaluating requirements of physical and financial progress of development projects and programs;
- verifying technical tender documents on water supply and sewerage infrastructure;
- formulating water pricing policies and strategies for rural, urban and waste water systems,; and
- liaising with development partners and other stakeholder in the water sector for effective formulation; planning; coordination and implementation of projects and programs.
- In addition, the officer will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic and work plans;
- budgeting for the development and deployment, training and development of staff in the development;
- Any other duties as assigned
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have served in the grade of Principal Superintending Engineer (water and sewerage) or comparable and relevant position in the public service or equivalent for at least three 3 years.
- Be in possession of a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/ Water Engineering/ or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Masters Degree in Civil/ Water Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Be registered/registrable by Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK)/ Kenya Technologists Registration Board (KETRB).
- A member of a Professional body in good standing.
- Have attended a strategic leadership development course in lasting not less than six (6) weeks or equivalent management training from a recognized institution.
- Have certificate in computer applications;
- Have demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of and projects.
- Demonstrated the skills, capacity and ability for resource mobilization
- Any other assignment as service demands
How To Apply
Mandatory Additional requirements (Chapter VI documents of the constitution of Kenya 2010)
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax Compliance Certificate
- Clearance from HELB where necessary
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti-corruption commission
- Certificate of good conduct from the police
- CRB Clearance Certificate
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials, and send to the undersigned on or before 14th August, 2020 at 5.00 p.m.