Printing / Media House Production Assistant Job in Hargeisa, Somaliland 2019
Production Assistant – Printing / Media House
Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Salary: USD 800 + Accommodation
Job Purpose: Read job order and ensure screens, colors, and sheets and all kinds of printouts are accurate according to job specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation / set-up of large format digital printing press.
- Vinyl cutting machine set-up and operation.
- Accurately producing large format prints to colour and size specifications.
- Understanding and good knowledge of colour digital printing on various substrates.
- Produces product to specification, within budget, and in expected time frame.
- Accounts for all labor and material consumed on job by job basis.
- Perform routine maintenance to insure optimal printing conditions.
- Monitors output quality through course of a run.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders, production schedule, layouts and written instruction.
- Review all proofs and final product samples produced on digital equipment before releasing to internal or external customers
Qualifications and work experience
- Secondary or any diploma related to IT or Printing production.
- At least 3 years experienced in print and digital production house.
- Ability to interpret and execute work from graphic layouts and work instructions.
- Good eye for colour.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Mac and Windows Operating Systems.
- Must possess high mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with finishing, Cutting, Embroidery, grommeting, drilling.
- Must possess skills in banner mounting and sticker/ vinyl wrapping.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work as well as work well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to read and understand oral/written instructions and set up press to carry out instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of press operations and functions and problem-solving on press.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to read standard rulers.
- Great attention to detail in order to spot flaws, banding, possible art issues and colour shade differences.
- Ability to maintain documentation necessary to reproduce projects.
- Ability to maintain positive, professional demeanour at all times.
- Work as a team to support other production employees on the team as necessary.
- Must exhibit strong interpersonal skills, is positive, pleasant and respectful.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Able to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Generally, work a standard 8:00 am to 8:30 pm including 4 hours’ lunch break as per company policy.
- Working extra hours, weekends and public holidays when required.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates to send applications to Jobs@careermanagementcentre.com by 22nd March,2019.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
Career management Centre is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis.