M-KOPA’s mission is to make high quality energy affordable to everyone. OUR GROWTH SO FAR… M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda to solar power with over 550 new homes being added every day.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for procuring all inventory, supplies, services and capital goods for the Group including negotiating price, delivery and credit terms. Ensures that adequate controls are in place to achieve transparency in procurement policies. One of the key functions of this position is to advise senior management on effective strategies for purchasing materials, services and supplies including establishing and improving procurement procedures and advise on reporting systems.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Overall achievement of the key company objectives and drive the company’s value preposition through managing the entire procurement process from sourcing to purchase and delivery of goods, components, spare parts, works and services.
- Identify, maintaining and negotiating ethically with key suppliers to ensure total cost reduction, budgetary compliance, and overall quality adherence in achieving ISO worthy standards. Anticipate unfavorable events, through analysis of data and prepare mitigation strategies including forecasting upcoming demand and lead times.
- Charged with the Controls in Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP system on all procurement related matters and to support the user’s, finance and inventory teams to implement the Group procurement Policy on the Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Nigeria , Ghana, UK and China markets.
- In charge of formulating the procurement key objectives and results and to spearhead the alignment of the OKR’s with the operations focus (attainment of ISO standards) and the overall company mission.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with the key suppliers and ensure that negotiated agreements are implemented. Aggressively pursue competitive purchase environment by constantly seeking alternate supply, product replacement and substitutes. Implement process improvements that aim at increasing efficiencies and reducing costs.
- Oversight and management of the on-boarding processes for new suppliers and maintain relationships with existing suppliers in regards to implementing and maintaining process approval guidelines across the sourcing plan; Verify that all suppliers adhere to set and global ethical compliance policies; conducting supplier training, feedback, and learning sessions; compiled, maintained, and validated internal metrics to formally assess supplier performance; and communicate supplier performance to legal ,EHS teams and management.
- Implementing tactical purchasing strategies and responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment using the 5R’s of procurement. This includes approval of purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Monitor macro trends in supplier and contracts to proactively identify supply base issues to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities.
- Originating and controlling the procurement budget.
- Overseeing procurement staff welfare and knowledge metrics including staff competencies, training, and retention.
- Set up mutually beneficial contracts with key suppliers to achieve best value and KAIZEN on cost, quantity, quality and delivery terms for M-KOPA. This is done with the help of the legal team.
- Monitoring returns, damage replacements, warranty claims and resolving disputes and claims with vendors and suppliers.
- Working closely with the demand forecasting team, departmental heads and budget team to create purchasing plans, lead-time improvement and inventory reduction programs for the M-KOPA sourcing needs in scope.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree.
- Professional qualification in CPA or CIPS.
- Relevant work experience of 5 years.
- Required skills: Risk management; Budgeting, financial planning; Financial analysis; Contractual negotiations; Supply and demand planning; Procurement
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20 July. 2022