Reporting to the Senior Manager – Program Management, the position holder will work with the Digital IT lead in the assigned unit to provide program leadership in the Pursuit and Delivery of Complex Information, Communications and Technology solutions for Safaricom programs & projects. This role will be responsible for partnership with assigned delivery unit to ensure realization of business outcomes through kick off, execution, control and closure of programs and projects
- To develop a formal and comprehensive program delivery plan by integrating and documenting project deliverables, acceptance criteria, processes, procedures, risks, and tasks to facilitate project executing, controlling, and closing processes.
- To ensure tool and metrics utilization to track and improve project performance – EPM, MS Project, Share point, Project Initiation Documents (Statement of works, Governance Structure, Communication plan, Risk Management Plan,
- To manage program progress by ensuring that activities are executed as planned in order to achieve the project objectives.
- To enforce quality gates during the implementation of projects. This will involve stakeholder engagement and communication management through the project life cycle until closure;
- To manage and escalate risks and issues appropriately through the project life cycle;
- To ensure timely CAPEX Utilization & Receipting for all projects within your domain
- To ensure timely preparation and dissemination of project reports and updates, governance meeting presentations
- To contribute to the project management knowledge base by sharing lessons learned, best practices, research, appropriately in order to improve the quality of project management services, build the capabilities of colleagues, and advance the profession.
- To facilitate cooperation within our teams and with stakeholders in order to realize shared goals by encouraging collaborative problem solving, open communication, and teamwork;
- To provide leadership support for direct reports which will include but is not limited to interaction at all/senior levels and accountability/oversight/management;
- To conduct performance appraisal, motivate and train staff in the section;
- Degree in ICT/Business Related field
- Project management expertise: Certified in PMP or PRINCE 2 and Agile certification
- At least 4 years’ experience in managing IT projects
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and background of Waterfall and Agile concepts in project delivery
- Ability to motivate teams to achieve business outcome