Reporting to the Country Finance Manager and liaising with Treasury group, Project Managers, Project Directors and other staff involved in project finances and planning the project finance officer will be responsible for the below;
- Support the preparation of project budgets and FCR’s.
- Provide the Country Finance Manager with project financials for the Country Annual Plan and Mid-Year Review.
- Familiarization with the project budget, the translation to the relevant project documents as per the project management procedures, all donor requirements, reporting dates, formats and SNV internal reporting requirements.
- Support the project manager in preparing budget revisions compliant with SNV and donor procedures and guidelines.
- Monitor project contracts and contribute to efficient planning and time management of the members of the project, including staff, LCB’s and consultants.
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded according to the Project Administration Memo (PAM), project management procedures and SNV Financial procedures into the financial system.
- Review and check data, time and costs booked to the project are according to the project management and financial procedures, check periodically (weekly and monthly) together with the Project Manager and correct errors where necessary.
- Process disbursements to project developers after approval by the lead coordinator and share the payments documents with the team.
- With the support of the Project Manager and other project staff, prepare timely, complete, and accurate financial reports to the donor according to donor guidelines and compliant with the project management and financial procedures.
- Provide monthly reports, including cash flow forecasts, budgetary controls and up to date overview of the financial project status to the Project Manager, Project Director, Country Finance Manager and Country Management, explain deviations and propose corrective measures.
- Provide the financials of the quarterly Project Review Report (PRR) explain deviations and propose corrective measures and support the Project Manager in completing the other topics of the PRR.
- With the support of the Project Manager and other project staff, prepare monthly financial planning and forecast for the current year and for the entire project duration.
- Organize, document and archive relevant documentation, keep files complete and up to date and maintain quality and accessibility of archive and files, conform to administrative and filing procedures.
- Ensure all supporting documents for donor reporting are made available according to donor requirements and as per project management procedures.
- Support internal and external audit exercises.
- Timely prepare donor invoices in conjunction with Project Manager and Project Director.
- Professional accounting qualifications e.g. CPA (K), ACCA up to the final level or similar level of knowledge and skills acquired in similar roles.
- A Master’s degree in the related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in an international project organization.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in financial accounting of which 2-3 years in project accounting/control.
- Demonstrated work experience and knowledge of fund management, donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funding and financial reporting
- Experience with financial systems
- Experience with SAP (SAP by Design; SAP R3) is an added advantage
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
- High level of integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive and able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple activities
- Attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines under pressure.