Project Management Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya,
Job Title: Peer to Peer support Specialist – Project Management and Programs
Department: Strategy and Organizational Development
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Responsible to: Head of Department – Strategy, Organizational Development and Governance
Closing Date: 30 October 2020
The role of the Peer to Peer support specialist project management and programs is to be responsible for developing procedures and supporting IPPFARO teams in using ensuring compliance to programs and project management best practices and donor requirements; and play a key role in ensuring that the reporting needs of key stakeholders (internal and external) are met.
In addition, the Peer to Peer support specialist project management and programs is in charge of developing procedures, guideline and tools at ARO levels in alignment with national and international standards to enhance effective implementation of Sexual and Reproductive and Rights projects and programs in various context.
The Peer to Peer support specialist project management and programs also commits to upholding policies, principles and best practices for project management and programs and assist in verifying project management and program standards are met for restricted and unrestricted projects through stakeholders’ expectations and donor requirements.
Under the general supervision of Head of Department Strategy, Organizational Development and Governance the incumbent is responsible for advising MAs, monitoring progress of project management and ensuring adequate program standards and supporting restricted and unrestricted projects in member associations.
Project Management and Programs
1. To ensure availability of robust project management tools and systems that feed up to date institutional results for planning and reporting of programme;
2. To support the implementation of effective systems and procedures to ensure that all required documentation necessary for project management are completed, accurate and available on time;
3. To serve as the designated contact for IPPFARO requirements for project management and programs best practices in member associations;
4. To lead the implementation of project key metrics (quantitative and qualitative) under the direction of the Head of Department Strategy, Organizational Development and Governance;
5. To work with the heads of department, project staff and the peer to peer support specialist on financial oversight and risk to conduct regular and scheduled analysis, applying necessary corrective actions and maintaining recordkeeping;
6. To identify and mitigate any potential risk related to project management and programs;
7. To advise, orient, train and support IPPF ARO staff and Africa Region Member Associations and support them to perform their project management duties in compliance with IPPF policies, procedures and donors’ requirements;
8. To contribute in building donor trust and confidence in IPPFARO;
9. To effectively manage sexual and reproductive health and rights programs and project management to support Member associations.
1. To develop and implement policies, procedures and practices designed to promote compliance with the requirements of IPPF in programs and project management;
2. To ensure Africa Region compliance to IPPF and donor project management policies, best practices and procedures;
3. To ensure compliance with the core functions of IPPFARO in sexual and reproductive health program and project management: review project deliverables (budgets, reports, TORs, products, guidelines, policies, procedures etc); t ensure quality and compliance with the agreed upon terms and update the Senior Management Team accordingly;
4. To develop and roll out a training program on compliance;
5. To communicate the importance of programs and project management compliance to member associations’ senior management and staff, including, safeguarding principles;
6. promoting the reporting of compliance issues such as safeguarding issues, suspected fraud and waste of resources;
7. To ensure IPPFARO compliance with all reporting requirements for project and programs, adhere to existing regulations and detect compliance issues at earlier stages.
8. To promote and ensure a strong code of ethics, conduct and integrity within member associations project management and programs initiatives;
9. To undertake any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
PROFESSIONALISM: The incumbent must have strong knowledge for good practices for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights programs and project management with solid background in assessing programs and project compliance to organizational policies, procedures and practices. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery assessment of sexual and reproductive health and rights programs and projects management compliance to international standards; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
PLANNING & ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health, Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, Project Management, strategic planning or another related field.
– Five years progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and/or international levels in Project Management, Public Health, Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights.
– Experience of supporting capacity development in a membership organisation, using peer to peer support mechanisms
English and French are the working languages of the ARO. For this post fluency in English and French (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a desk review and/or an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
- Experience identifying compliance requirements
- Good understanding of SRHR
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with ability to handle multiple tasks
- Exhibits honesty and integrity
- Self-motivated, Self-directed
- Critical thinker
- Conflict resolution/ problem solving skills
- Team player/team builder/coach skills
- Competent working in a multicultural environment.
- Willing to work outside standard office hours as required.
- Willing to travel internationally – about 30 days a year.
How to apply