Project Manager (Building) Job in Kenya 2019
Our client is seeking to recruit for a Project Manager (building) for the school.
Reporting to the Head of Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independent monitoring of all construction projects and steering external project partners and contractors including:
- Formulate project concepts or define technical solutions – liaising with external specialists where necessary – for required modernization, extension or other construction measures related to the building structure or technical equipment.
- Prepare the relevant documents including time and budget schedule for the internal school approvals.
- Conducting the entire tender process including pre-selection of external contractors and consultants; preparation of tender documentation or plausibility check of tender documentation (in case of preparation by third parties); final selecting and contract negotiations.
- Coordinating of all construction activities especially the interface with the school operations in particular the Facility Management as well as ensuring the safety of all people on the school campus during the construction period.
- Being single point of contact for authorities for all construction activities as well as all matters in regard to the building infrastructure and site as well as technical installations.
- Conducting regular progress meetings and quality inspections to ensure that all project objectives – especially set time lines, agreed cost budgets and the high quality standards defined by the school are met.
- Responsible for a regular verbal and written reporting in accordance to the agreed standard to the Head of Administration, the construction committee of the Board or the Board itself, where applicable. Making sure that health and safety regulations are being respected.
- Supervising all warranties, following up elimination of defects and ensuring filing of the complete project documentation.
- Coordination of all project related work processes between cross departmental interfaces.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- University degree in civil engineering or architecture study.
- At least 5 years’ experience as project engineer or site manager, preferable in an international setting.
- Sound project management skills including conceptional, analyzing, budgeting, scheduling and ensuring high quality standards.
- Conversant managing multiple tasks and problem-solving aptitude.
- Accountable, responsible and trustworthy.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. (Foreign language an added advantage).
- Knowledge of standard MS Office applications.
Benefits offered: Consultancy contract on project base.
Duty station: Nairobi.
Application deadline: 15th March 2019
Commencement date: 1st April 2019
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and updated word document CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for. Project Manager (Building) Post.
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.
Please DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.