Project Nurse Jobs, Nursing Jobs In Kenya, Kenya Red Cross Society Jobs
Global Fund – Eldoret, Rift Valley, Kenya – Full Time
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Project Nurse
Reporting to: Administratively to Regional Program Coordinator and Technically to Program Quality Manager
Job Location: Eldoret
The role will be responsible for providing technical leadership and Quality Improvement to the Global Fund(GF) supported Sub-Recipients (SRs) for provision of biomedical, behavioral and structural interventions to Key Populations as per the national guidelines. The holder will be responsible for providing operational support and capacity development to all Key Population (KP) service delivery personnel within the Global Fund Programme Regions. The holder will coordinate the Key Populations stakeholder partnership within the Program operation area.
- Strengthen capacity for the sub recipients through technical assistance and mentoring on key population HIV programming, quality reporting and quality assurance for effective service provision.
- Provide support supervision for effective provision of a wide range of comprehensive HIV services to beneficiaries including family planning services, STI screening and treatment, ART, TB screening and treatment, cervical cancer screening, risk assessment and risk reduction counselling and GBV clinical care to KP programme beneficiaries
- Provide technical guidance in Key population programming to enrich the KRCS-GF HIV program and document successes/lessons learnt/challenges for decision making.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the 90,90,90 cascade of HIV prevention through up-scaled HTS coverage, improved linkage and ART retention strategies and proper documentation of the end results
- Support the sub-recipients in maintenance of adequate stocks of drugs and medical commodities as well as safe custody of the drugs and equipment in the DIC by liaising with relevant authorities including NASCOP, MOH and county health departments.
- Provide technical support on Key population program initiatives in the region including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, proper data collection, data verification and audits and storage; and ensure timely feedback.
Leadership and overall management of the Department
- Provide leadership in ensuring programme quality and alignment to national guidelines and strategies in key population programming.
- Foster relevant networks and strategic collaborations with other implementing partners, line ministries (E.g. MoH), stakeholders like NACC, NASCOP, NACADA, county government, opinion leaders, TWG, Heads of institutions among others.
- Registered Nurse/ midwife from a recognized nursing training institution and possession of a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Possession of valid practicing license from the Nursing council of Kenya
- Trained HTC counsellor by NASCOP or other institution recognized in HTC training and registered with NASCOP as HTC counsellor.
- Multi-tasking / Planning and Organizing – Ability to coordinate key population sub-recipients with different HIV prevention intervention
- Inspiring Trust – Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Monitoring Information. Establishing and using ongoing procedures to collect and review information necessary to manage projects or ongoing activities.
- Putting beneficiary /stakeholders first – listens to and understands the needs of beneficiary /stakeholder. Makes sure the sub recipient focus on delivering beneficiary /stakeholder needs.
- Delivering results – Sets clear and challenging goals, puts in the extra effort. Monitors and changes plans to achieve end goal.
- Managing a changing environment – Puts forward new ideas and solutions to challenging situations. Analyses information accurately. Removes barriers to change. Encourages the team to change things for the better.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into different formats (e.g., short summaries, presentations)
- Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing from a recognized nursing training institution and possession of a registration certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- At least three years’ experience working in a busy Key population and/or HIV and AIDS comprehensive Care Centre (CCC) setting
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 10th January 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.