PSASB Chief Executive Officer Job in Kenya 2019
Rewarding Career Opportunities
Our Client, the Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB), is a semi-autonomous state agency which was established by the Public Finance Management (PFM) Act No. 18 of 24th July, 2012 and was gazetted by the Cabinet Secretary, The National Treasury on 28th February, 2014.
The Board is mandated to provide frameworks and set standards for the development and management of accounting and financial and internal audit systems for all state organs and public entities.
The Board now invites applications from competent individuals to fill the following vacant position:
Chief Executive Officer
Grade ASB 1
Job Ref: EHC/1186/19
Terms of Service: Contract of Three (3) years renewable once subject to satisfactory performance
Overall Responsibility: The Chief Executive Officer is an ex-officio member of the Board and will be answerable to the Board and responsible for the management of the affairs and transactions of the organization. Working closely with the Board, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and shall be responsible for developing and implementing the organization’s long-term plans and objectives.
Job Summary: Chief Executive Officer will be reporting to the Board and responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the organization.
Specifically, he or she will assist the organization in the following:
- Develop and implement the long-term corporate strategy, business plans and annual operating budgets of the organization
- Implement the organization’s policies and resolutions
- Coordinate the adoption and tailoring of international standards for accounting and internal auditing for public sector entities in Kenya
- Ensure prudent management of assets and financial resources and accountability through proper monitoring and effective internal control measures
- Provide leadership in the day to day business of the organization and ensure a competent, efficient and motivated staff to enhance productivity and performance
- Promote an effective risk management culture and ensure compliance with relevant legal, regulatory and policy frameworks
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes sound ethical and good governance practices
- Manage relationships, networks and engagement with stakeholders including government agencies, local and international partners.
- Enhance the corporate reputation and image of the organization.
- Must have served for a minimum cumulative period of ten (10) years in Finance, Accounting or Auditing or related field in a reputable organization five (5) years of which should be at a senior management position
- Must have a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Auditing, Administration or Management or related field from a recognized institution
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPAK). Holder of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA) and Certified Secretaries (CS) qualifications will be added advantage
- Must be a full member in good standing of a relevant professional body
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Auditing or related field from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of international accounting and auditing standards and hands on experience in their application
- Relevant experience gained in professional accountancy and audit firms or standards setting body will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional competence and managerial capabilities; and
- Must meet all the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on Leadership and Integrity.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements of the positions should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the email subject/envelope together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating their current remuneration, expected salary, email address, telephone contacts to the following email address: email@example.com
OR by hand delivery to the address below during official working hours.
For further information and full detailed Job Descriptions, visit: www.eaglehr.co.ke and www.psasb.go.ke.
Applications should be made on or before close of business on Tuesday 5th March 2019.
Applicants are also expected to provide full contacts details and email contacts of three references.
Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any candidate.
All hard copy applications to be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Eagle HR Consultants Ltd
P.O Box 33929-00600
10th Floor Western Heights
Karuna Rd, Westlands
OFF: +254 (0) 700 769 770,