PSASB Training and Corporate Services Director Job in Kenya 2019
Rewarding Career Opportunities
Our Client, the Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (PSASB), is a semi-autonomous state agency which was established by the Public Finance Management (PFM) Act No. 18 of 24th July, 2012 and was gazetted by the Cabinet Secretary, The National Treasury on 28th February, 2014.
The Board is mandated to provide frameworks and set standards for the development and management of accounting and financial and internal audit systems for all state organs and public entities.
The Board now invites applications from competent individuals to fill the following vacant position:
Director, Training and Corporate Services
Grade ASB 2
Job Ref: EHC/1187/19
Terms of Service: Contract of Three (3) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Overall Responsibility: The Director, Training and Corporate Services will be a member of senior management team.
He/She will be answerable to the Chief Executive Officer and be in charge of the entire operations of the organization, including designing, implementing training and capacity building programs for PSASB staff and all state organs and public entities.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director Training and Corporate Services role will responsible for:
- Training needs assessment and designing and implementing relevant capacity building programs for PSASB staff, all state organs and public entities.
- Corroborating with International Accounting Standards Board and International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board in ensuring quality of IFRS and IPSAS.
- Developing, formulating, supervising and advising on policy issues concerning finance and accounts, procurement, ICT, human resources and administration.
- Coordinating and overseeing recruitment, selection, placement and promotion of human resource in the organization
- Coordinating the preparation of respective board papers for relevant committees of the organization
- Designing and implementing an Accounting and Financial management system
- Coordinating and overseeing the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports and statements of accounts.
- Coordinating the preparation and implementation of the annual budgets of the organization.
- Developing and implement an Information and Communication strategy.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Must have served for a minimum cumulative period of eight (8) years in finance, accounting, audit, management, human resource or related field in a reputable organization three (3) years of which should be at a senior management position
- Must be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce; Business Administration; Human Resource Management; Public Administration or other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Must be a holder of CPA/ACCA and CIA and/or CIFA and/or CS or other relevant professional qualification
- Must be a full member in good standing of a relevant Professional body
- A Master’s degree in Commerce; Business Administration; Human Resource Management; Public Administration or other relevant equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Must have experience in organizing, designing, implementing training and capacity building programs.
- Demonstrate a high standard of professional competence and managerial capabilities.
- Must meet all the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution on Leadership and Integrity.
Candidates will be required to satisfy or initiate the process of complying with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements of the positions should submit their applications quoting reference number of the vacancy on the email subject/envelope together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating their current remuneration, expected salary, email address, telephone contacts to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR by hand delivery to the address below during official working hours.
For further information and full detailed Job Descriptions, visit: www.eaglehr.co.ke and www.psasb.go.ke.
Applications should be made on or before close of business on Tuesday 5th March 2019.
Applicants are also expected to provide full contacts details and email contacts of three references.
Eagle HR Consultants DOES NOT charge any interview fee(s) to any candidate.
All hard copy applications to be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Eagle HR Consultants Ltd
P.O Box 33929-00600
10th Floor Western Heights
Karuna Rd, Westlands
OFF: +254 (0) 700 769 770,