We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely and more cost effectively than any other company. If you’re interested in a career at Canonical, we are a remote-first company so please apply to any suitable role as skills are valued more than location, despite some having a preferred geographic preference.
- Maintain and develop new features to our Python based test automation tools like Checkbox, used by both in-house teams and industry partners.
- Invent new ways to enable remote, automated testing.
- Help build the software counterpart to in-house designed testing hardware to help test device enablement (graphics, hotplug, bluetooth, etc).
- Write functional and performance tests to support hardware enablement and to protect from regressions.
- Participate in meetings involving international travel 2-3 times per year.
Required Skills And Experience
- Knowledge of Python programming language.
- Quality oriented, pragmatic approach to software design and implementation.
- Interest in test automation methodologies.
- Previous experience working with Ubuntu or other Linux distributions.
- Ability to be productive in a globally distributed team.
Desired Skills And Experience
- Passion for tinkering: you are a maker.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Hardware testing experience, for example in the IoT space.
- Familiarity with the C programming language.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20 July. 2022