- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or health care professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the facility.
- Acknowledge the patient’s arrival at the desk within 2-3 minutes of arriving.
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make follow-up appointments.
- Be aware of your surroundings and of patients in the waiting room: be in a position where you are able to note which client has not been served and direct them to the offices they need to visit.
- Be aware of which doctors and nurses are currently on duty and whether they have arrived. If the doctor has not arrived, call him/her and inform they are on duty and clients are waiting for them
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Phone must be answered within 6 rings and no more. Take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery. Be polite and helpful at all times. If the patient’s behavior becomes unacceptably abusive refer the call to your supervisor. Don’t ever shout or respond in a rude manner to the patient.
- Advice patients of relevant charges for relevant medical services, show direction to the next station that the client would wish to be served.
- Ensure that all patients’ information is registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately.
- It is the responsibility of the receptionist to ensure that clients on the Outpatient register are transferred to the Inpatient register before close of business each day.
- It is the responsibility of the receptionist to ensure that preauthorization is filled and ensure communication is made to insurance companies for pre-authorization and discharge of patients, immediately you are in receipt of either an inpatient insurance covered clients preauthorization or a discharge summary.
- A diploma course in public relations, communication, business administration or any related course.
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills, excellent leadership qualities.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Honesty and integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literate.
- Maintains confidentiality
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your Application, CV, copies of your academic testimonials and other relevant documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title with the word Kakamega on the email Subject.
Courier and hand delivered applications can be dropped at Oasis Doctors Plaza Kakamega located along Muruli Road in IG SACCO PLAZA (Mwalimu Centre Building) Ground Floor behind HUDUMA Centre.
- We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
- Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- Indicate your salary expectation in your application.
- Applications to reach us before close of business 10th July 2020.
“Oasis Healthcare group is an equal opportunity employer”