Regional Rangerlands Coordinator (Isiolo) Job vacancy at Northern Rangelands Trust 2021
Reporting to Senior Rangelands Officer he / she will work closely with the NRT’s Senior Rangelands Officer and NRT’s Natural Resource Management Director in strengthening community rangeland management practices – informed by traditional knowledge and science – for the communities to build resilience to droughts, through implementation of rangelands management activities. The position will support the implementation of activities and land management activities within the EU Ranger / AMAYA project landscape and EU resilient project.
- Develop innovative and effective work-plans for the EU-Ranger project guided by the overall NRT strategy.
- Consolidate, oversee and manage the implementation of rangelands related activities
- Overseeing the monitoring and evaluation of the entire EU Ranger rangelands program in consultation with the NRT senior rangelands officer.
- In support of the senior rangelands officer – understand and execute expenditure of the EU Ranger rangelands program budget through the respective target community conservancies
- Regular communication and follow-up with respective partners.
- Overseeing all training on rangelands matters.
- To include capturing and capacity building on ‘best practice’ rangeland management; rehabilitation, awareness and management at all levels.
- Initiate and maintain a network of contacts to leverage community experience and learning in the field of rangelands management.
- Consolidate and oversee reporting and share accordingly to the senior rangelands officer
- Representing NRT in conferences / other engagements where necessary
- Supervise and coordinate implementation of Veg-CoMMS monitoring
- Bachelor degree in range management or natural resources management or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in community management of natural resources approaches.
- Proficient and experienced in planning, monitoring, and reporting of project activities in relevant field in multi-stakeholder partnerships and collaborations.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Experience of working with people from diverse backgrounds, demonstrating respect for, and understanding of, cultural differences.
- Ability to work in challenging environments and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Adaptable and flexibly resilience to respond to changes.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
Method of Application
If your profile matches the above job specifications, please send your application including a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, a daytime telephone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees to reach us by close of business on Tuesday 22nd June, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to: Operations Director, Northern Rangelands Trust, Private Bag, Isiolo-60300 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted