The Nurse will be responsible for ensuring quality care within the clinic and must adhere to Avenue Healthcare’s defined policies, protocols, procedures and standards.
- Ensure proper inventory of the available equipment on a daily basis and ensure that they are in good working condition. Report any malfunction to the Branch Manager
- Maintain and enforce infection control standards per the Avenue policies and observe the infection control bundles (SSI, VAP, CAUTI and CLABSI) where applicable.
- Ensure patients safety following the 6 International Patient Safety Goals (IPSGs) (patient identification, effective communication, safety of high alert medication, ensure correct site procedure and surgery, reduce the risk of healthcare associated infections, reduce the risk of patient harm resulting from falls)
- Provides patient and family education/teaching applicable to the patient’s medical condition.
- Organize emergency trolley for ease of use during resuscitation. The drugs and supplies should be well stocked, damaged equipment removed and reported promptly.
- Manage the clinic’s triage process, prioritizing care to emergencies and needy cases.
- Manage the clinic’s diary- book patients and inform patients of any changes, delays, cancellations or other relevant information
- Assist with queue management and inform the patients of any anticipated delays
- Perform all invasive nursing procedures under aseptic technique
- Collection of KEPI vaccines from the depot, maintenance of daily cold chain records, ensuring no stock outs.
- Managing and assisting the doctors in running the Ante Natal, Well Baby, Diabetic, Obs/Gynae, VCTT, Review & other clinics as per AHC guidelines.
- Compiling government reports and submitting them by 2nd of every month
- Special Clinic and Chronic Care patients follow up; keep an updated list of the special clinics/Chronic Care patients, manage their follow up by active call back, defaulter tracing, address or escalate their concerns.
- Adhere to Government and respective professional standards of care and treatment of patients as guided by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor
- A nursing diploma
- A valid nursing council of Kenya license
- Updated BLS, ACLS certificate
- Updated BLS, ACLS/ATLS certificate
- 1 year experience in nursing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Should be reliable
- Customer focus
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
Method of Application
Application documents (CV and Certificates) must be emailed to email@example.com with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 1st July 2022.