Renewable Energy Sector Team Lead Jobs, Agricultural Jobs in Kenya, AECF Jobs
AECF has exciting opportunities for the role of Sector Lead for Renewable Energy.
Do you have the passion for development coupled with tactical and strategic engagement strengths this is the role for you!
Provide the strategic vision and technical direction for the Renewable Energy & Climate Technologies (REACT) portfolio that promotes rural development and fosters more equitable and sustainable economic growth in Africa within the quickly evolving framework of the economic program.
The Sector Team Lead – Renewable Energy & Climate Technologies will be responsible for technical programme development and overall management of AECF REACT across Africa. He/She will consult regularly with the director, donors and engage with the senior government officials, other donors and international organizations. Others include:
Leadership and Strategic Direction (10%)
- Lead development of REACT Investment Portfolio, aligning it to the AECF strategy and continental sector priorities, development and growth agenda.
- Develop overall operating plans, management plans, work plans and budgets for the renewable energy and climate technologies (REACT) portfolio.
- Ensures that investees meet their obligations in accordance with agreements and relevant regulations.
- Ensures that activities achieve their intended results. Provides technical and organizational leadership on the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities.
Relationship Management & Business Development (20%)
· Establishes and maintains productive working relationships and linkages with donors, and other development partner organizations, government departments, private sector partners etc. Establishes close links to sector leaders, international organizations, associations or businesses.
· Participate in meetings and events that create visibility and positive image of AECF.
· Lead AECF team in development of technical bids and proposals to prospective funders.
· Leverage expertise and networks to support fundraising and business development efforts of AECF. This includes contributing to proposal development and pitches to donors;
Sector Management (40%)
· Provides technical expertise to assure alignment of the REACT portfolio with evolving sector development policies, government development objectives, other donor programs, and foreign policy priorities
· Provide technical leadership for the marketing, application review and selection of REACT projects
· Responsible for the overall planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of REACT portfolio, including multiple contracts, cooperative agreements, interagency agreements, and host country contracts
· Coordinate and manage effective competition design and implementation
· Develop effective strategies the enable recovery of outstanding repayable grants as due from portfolio investees
· Lead development and implementation of portfolio risk framework, in line with the overall AECF Risk and Compliance Management Framework
· Custodian of REACT portfolio performance data.
M&E Learning (10%)
- Contribute to development and review the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and Learning strategy.
- Lead / coordinate the portfolio learning agenda in a manner that contribute to the wider learning agenda of AECF (in liaison with HQ M&E team), to further the reputation and capability positioning of the Fund, have a wider systemic impact on the relevant market systems in Africa, and promote relevant advocacy efforts.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the portfolio quality based on learning.
Team Management (20%)
- Responsible for the effective flow of communication within the REACT team, as part of the Investment Portfolio Management Team.
- Manage employee performance e.g. weekly/monthly continuous performance discussions and provision of feedback. Translate strategy into executable plans while motivating your team with clear direction by setting clear goals and KPIs.
- Guide teams in implementation of agreed strategy and programs, including enhancing coherence at team level.
- Engage their employees and manage diversity within the workplace by encouraging and personally participating in employee engagement activities.
- Graduate/Masters qualification in Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies, Sustainable Energy, Resource Economics, Agricultural Economics, or other relevant field of study.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience and recognized expertise in Renewable Energy, Climate Change, Climate financing and Renewable Energy Financing.
- Project Management certification (PMP or Prince 2) is desirable.
- Proven experience working in the development sector, managing multiple donor/ funder engagements.
- An understanding of the operations of donors and international development organizations.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to prepare proposals, reports and concept papers to a high level of proficiency.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Language skills in French will be an added advantage
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role, please submit your application quoting in the subject line the ‘Sector Team Lead – Renewable Energy & Climate Technologies (REACT) AECF/Portfolio/2020’ to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a detailed CV, e-mail address and telephone contacts to be received on or before February 4th, 2020. For more information on the Sector Team Lead Job Description and AECF, please visit www.aecfafrica.org