Research Analyst Jobs, IDC Jobs
IDC MEA is looking for a Research Analyst to support IDC’s expanding business in Middle East and Africa. Join IDC MEA and work with an international team dedicated to research, custom consulting, event and advisory services. The position of Research Analyst is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Conduct primary and secondary research focused on IT devices and technologies in African region;
- Analyze business and market trends from large data sets;
- Conduct frequent meetings with clients, maintaining an active contacts list as well as up to date meeting notes;
- Write and publish analyst reports (including publications and press releases) with ability to draw meaningful conclusions from data;
- Contribute to custom research engagements;
- Contribute to business development by building and maintaining industry relationships;
- Public speaking and periodic public presentations at IDC events and clients.
- University degree (Masters in Commerce, Business Administration or Sciences)
- IT devices and technologies sector knowledge is critical , so preference will be given to candidates with demonstrable sector experience related to technology insight, policy, regulatory or strategy development
- Demonstrable experience as Analyst or Researcher
- Experience in presenting findings and recommendations to executive stakeholders
- Understanding of the geographical region (sub-Saharan Africa)
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Aptitude for business analysis and quantitative analysis
- Ability to work independently in a matrix business environment
- Ability to collaborate across multiple research and business groups within IDC
- Ability to deal with ambiguous or unstructured situations
- Excellent English writing and business presentation skills
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office software packages.
How To Apply