Roads Inspector Job, Engineering Jobs in Kenya 2020,
INSPECTOR (ROADS) – FOUR (4) POSTS – V/NO. 221/2020
Salary Scale: ` Ksh. 25,470 – Ksh. 33,950 p.m. (CSG 12)
House Allowance: Ksh.3,2,00 –Ksh.6,750– p.m (Depending on duty station)
Commuter Allowance: Ksh.4, 000p.m
Leave allowance: As existing in the Civil Service
Annual Leave: 30 working days per financial year
Medical Cover: As provided by the government
Terms of Service: Three (3) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:-
- a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade C with C- (Minus) in both
Mathematics and Physics; and
- a Diploma in Civil Engineering or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be in charge of a road camp or a construction unit. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
- supervision and control of all road works within the officer’s area of jurisdiction;
- assisting in the selection and location of suitable materials for road works;
- preparation and maintenance of master rolls, pay sheets, stores ledgers, tools and plant ledgers, log sheets and tickets, daily activity cards and any other records; and
- preparation of work programmes in liaison with the officers in-charge.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications ONLINE through the Commission website: www.publicservice.go.ke or jobs portal: www.psckjobs.go.ke
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
- Those who applied earlier need not re-apply. Applications should reach the Commission on or before 29th September 2020 latest 5.00 pm (East African Time)