RTI Eastern Africa Energy Program Accountant Job in Kenya 2019
RTI is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services
RTI International USAID-funded Eastern Africa Energy Program will provide services to provide technical services to implement the East Africa Energy Program to expand affordable and reliable electricity services in East Africa, with the ultimate goal of supporting development priorities, including inclusive economic growth, security, and improved health and education outcomes.
This is a 4 year project.
The Accountant will coordinate all accounting procedures of the East Africa Energy Program initiatives.
S/he will communicate with and support the project by working closely with the Finance, Administration and the Project Management Teams.
S/he will maintains regular contact with the field Teams to ensure that the project receives support in the specific functional areas of the role.
S/he is aware of, and adheres to RTIs, and Client’s, financial, procurement and administrative procedures in all activities.
- Applicants must possess a minimum Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience or Master’s degree and 1 years of experience.
- CPA (K) or equivalent required;
- good understanding of Book Keeping procedures;
- Computer skills, including MS Office suite and QuickBooks;
- Strong communication and inter personal skills;
- Willingness to be flexible in working hours and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Prior experience with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in accounting, financial planning and management, accounting transactions, budgeting, reporting and ensuring compliance of internal control systems.
This position does not attract international allowances.
How to Apply:
Individuals are invited to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) with current contact information and details of relevant experience to EAfricaEnergy@rti.org by March 1, 2019.
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V