Safepak Limited Production Planner Job in Kenya 2019
Job Title: Production Planner
Sub Dept: production
Section: Preforms / Compression Closures
Reporting to: Production Manager
Overall Goal (Job Main Mission Statement): Overall in charge of Preforms / Compression Closures by ensuring consistent, quality products are produced, leadership in achieving set operational targets such as kpi ,setting objectives and goals for production personnel and reviewing their performances for extended engagements, making sure there is adherence to the laid down procedures for production, making sure production is cost effective by ensuring minimal regrinding/scrap work, availability of product at the right time, reduced time wastage especially for startups, overall production activities including manpower, materials and machineries as well as managing inventory levels to ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner, promoting food safety awareness in production ,motivating operators, supervisors and promoting good morale and team working spirit, production planning, budget preparation and scheduling production, timely preparation of production reports on weekly, monthly and annually basis and ensuring Production process improvement.
Key Result Areas (KRAs) (Role and Responsibilities)
- To plan production
- To provide direction, guidance and supervision to supervisors to enable them to work more effectively while executing their duties.
- To improve production process to increase productivity and process controls
- To establish lean manufacturing processes for production in terms of labor
- Identify areas of material saving and informing the relevant department for action to be taken.
- To work closely with quality, Maintenance department, contribute substantively and ensure to assess, monitor and improve all the production KPIs and take appropriate corrective actions whenever they fall below targets.
- To ensure all statutory and government regulations required are in place for smooth running.
- To ensure the hygiene of the factory and safety of the people working in the production is high by holding regular communication meeting with employees to review production results, safety and hygiene.
- To communicate management decision on current and future aspiration
- Submit weekly, monthly and yearly report to the management.
- To manage workforce accountability and ensure employees have tools needed for production.
- To contribute in process improvement
Key Performance Standards (Key Performance Indicators– KPIs)
Production output (good or bad)
- Ensure that there is measurable output per employee in relation to the set target and comparing day to day output.
- Maintaining proper production records for easier traceability of information when needed.
- Minimize production scrap by establishing tolerable limits within the production process since minimal scraps help organization meet profitability goals.
- Ensure there is consistency on the quality of the product produced.
- To strictly monitor time used to finish a particular task. Through kpi to check on constraints and bottle necks within the process
- Ensuring all breakdown that result into down time are timely communicated to the maintenance engineer for quick action and consistent follow-up on the same
Overall equipment effectiveness(OEE)
- Ensure that there is increase in efficiency by making sure that the availability of machine coupled with good quality is achieved for optimum resource utilization (80-95%).
- Implement all improvements identified for improvement.
Cost reduction initiatives
- Target to save at least 10% per year in terms of production cost.
- Consistency and timely preparation of production reports
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Chemistry, food science and technology, food science, science, production engineering
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to solve production problems through critical thinking and hands on determination.
- Business related computer skills including Microsoft Office excel.
- Have at least 2-5 years’ work experience preferably in a supervisory position in a busy food manufacturing environment.
- Have good knowledge and experience ISO Certification,
- Should show track record of problems solved in the last 2yrs
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Strong management and leadership skills, capable of motivating a team to work beyond normal working hours
- Ability to communicate clearly and inspire the team
- Dynamic and analytical thinker and should be able to work independently
- Good understanding of the emerging trends in technology advancement and consumer changes.
- Should deliver product output with strong focus on quality and plant safety.
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of communicating with all levels within the organization
- Good delegation skills coupled with strong performance management
Email your CV to email@example.com