Samura Engineering Accountant Job in Kenya 2019
Samura Engineering Ltd
Job Description: Accountant
Job Summary: We are looking to recruit a highly competent and performance driven accountant who will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information in quick books.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Verifying order documentation, and supervising disbursements.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items
- Bank accounts reconciliations and resolve various issues with banks such as cleared cheque differences, bank fee anomalies and targeted balance calculations.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Control all expenditure within laid down budgetary limits and justify them to the management
- Ensure timely and efficient payment to creditors
- Ensure accurate allocation of cost to the correct cost centre’s
- Creditors and debtors accounts reconciliation
- He / she will be in charge of record keeping.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Preparation and submission of all statutory payments on time.
- Well conversant with accounts payables and receivables (Daily invoicing and taking payments
- Ability to prepare and handle statutory returns i.e. PAYE, VAT, withholding tax, standard levy etc.
- Stock control and stock reconciliations
- Writing of cheques and recording the payment vouchers
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Accounts and a CPA K graduate
- 3 years’ experience
- Conversant with accounting software’s
- An understanding of reporting and record keeping required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi task and adapt easily
- Ability to work under pressure with no or minimum supervision
- Time Management
- Data entry management
- Team work
Send your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th March 2019.
Please quote the salary expected and your availability.