Senior Big Data Analyst and & Digital Media Officer Jobs, Communication Jobs in Kenya, It Jobs in Kenya, UN Jobs
The United Nations Support Office for Somalia (UNSOS) is mandated to provide administrative and logistics support to its partners in implementing the United Nations Security council resolution on Somalia.
The incumbent will work under the guidance of the Innovation and Technology Unit of the Field Technology Section of UNSOS. The Big Data Analytics and Digital Media Support project team serves as the primary focal point for the Mission’s Big Data analytics and Digital Media engagement to benefit AMISOM and UNSOM. The team will determine and establish mechanisms for developing substantive multi-dimensional data sets and other relevant digital information. The team will cultivate abstract data, operational data, survey data, geospatial data and other forms of media content and employ machine learning algorithm as necessary to decipher key indicators, both internal and external, that may impact the Somali society vis a vis the concurrent mandates of the African Union and the United Nations in the country.
Under the overall supervision of UNOPS Senior Programme Manager, the Senior Big Data Analyst and Digital Media Officer will administratively report to the Senior Big Data Programme Officer and operationally work under the guidance of the Chief of Innovation and Technology Unit of the Field Technology Section of UNSOS and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Works with UNSOS counterparts and leads the implementation of UNSOS digital media policy and strategy for the Mission’s online presence on digital platforms.
- Participates in the preparation of concise analytical reports and related products.
- Conceptualizes, designs and implements a data analytics, social media and hate speech monitoring plan using a variety of analytics tools such as Talkwalker, Meltwater, as well as various social media analysis techniques (sentiment analysis, data mining processes etc.).
- Reviews existing data collection and monitoring processes and develop process improvements to enhance overall data quality, credibility and reliability by leveraging social media analytics tools to monitor social channels and online media to generate monitoring reports.
- Conducts research into the capabilities of various data collection and analytics platforms and social media monitoring tools.
- Provides guidance on data visualization and visual design materials. Produces and coordinates communications materials including data dashboards, maps, graphs, charts, infographics and related digital media content.
- Leverages the mission’s strategic approach to Big Data analysis vis a vis the Somali Partnership Forum goals/resolutions; regularly analyses and extracts actionable insights from data and curate insights relevant to Somali citizens and the Somalia Transition Plan.
- Quantitative analysis of media monitoring, social media and hate speech monitoring (engagement, influencers, location, sentiment, reach, etc)
- Prepares weekly and monthly digital media content plans, using tools such as Hootsuite and Meltwater, and analyse monthly reports using focused analytics channels.
- Uses Big Data insights to support and inform the digital communication strategy.
- Ensures measurement of digital communication campaigns performance (obtain data to improve future digital communication campaigns,)
- Develops operational guidelines, protocols and templates on Big Data and results management.
- Performs other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above
- Advanced University Degree (Masters or equivalent) in Information Systems, Computer Science, Management, Business Administration, Statistics, Engineering, Communication or another related field,
- A first level university degree with an additional two years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressive professional experience in Information Systems, Communication or related field.
- A minimum of two years of professional progressive experience in dealing with big data.
- A minimum of two years of professional progressive experience in dealing with digital media.
- Experience working with globally-dispersed project teams and working in a multi-project environment.
- Experience in drafting and implementing digital media policies.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat;
- For this position, fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
How To Apply
Application deadline: January 19th, 20
Duty station: Mogadishu, Somalia