DT One (previously TransferTo) operates a global network for mobile top-up solutions, innovative mobile rewards and airtime credit services. By using smarter mobile technology solutions, we can help over five billion consumers in emerging economies to have greater access to digital communications and stay better connected. Our goal is to keep more people, more connected, more often.
About the Role
The Senior Data Engineer will be reporting to the Data Engineering Team Lead.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Developing data processing pipelines
- Participate in the design, implementation, and release of data science initiatives
- Deliver high quality, testable, secure, readable, and documented software
- Collaborate effectively in English, with local and remote peers
- Assist in the evaluation of new technologies and initiatives
- Working proficiency with Python or any other programming or scripting language (in addition to SQL or R)
- Advanced working proficiency with any RDBMS, including deployment and performance optimizations.
- Experience with GIT, automated testing and CI/CD.
- Being familiar with the Linux environment as a user and developer (Debian is a plus).
- Minimum 3+ years working experience
- Deep understanding of PostgreSQL database
- Experience with software development best practices – include handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, building fault-tolerant pipelines, understanding how to scale up, addressing continuous integration
- Knowledge of database administration
- Working proficiency in Java or Clojure is a plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Modelling and data science is a plus
- People management skills are a plus
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20 July. 2022