Senior Data Scientist Job, IT Kenyan Jobs,
With over a million customers across multiple geographies, the value derived from our data is essential to both everyday operations and critical business decisions. Data Science at M-KOPA covers a wide range of activities, from building predictive and explanatory models and communicating complex insights, to running experimental pilots and evaluating casual inference. In this position, you’ll sit inside a small team that thinks creatively, builds robustly and communicates clearly. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in building end-to-end data products; including collaborating with stakeholders to scope requirements, extracting and transforming data, building and evaluating models/analyses and deploying these in repeatable and robust manner. Given that a large part of our data and business operations is centered around finance and credit, candidates with strong economics or finance backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Ultimately the responsibility of the Senior Data Scientist is to be a key contributor to the wider data team and generate data driven insights that directly drive and improve the business.
- Below are some examples of how this can be achieved:
- Develop a deep understanding of the business context and our data which contributes and translate to impactful, relevant outputs.
- Design models and analysis alongside associated business implementation in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Develop predictive models and analyses with a strong focus on reproducibility, accuracy and evaluation.
- Communicate analysis and drive improved decision making with the broader business in a straight-forward, clear manner
- Contribute to company-spanning frameworks and tools for measuring business, credit and sales performance and evaluating business changes and pilots
- Collaborate with senior business stakeholders on analytic methods, data-driven decision making
- Provide support and mentorship to junior team members.
- Education: A degree in computer science, mathematics or related quantitative field / demonstrated self-directed learning.
- Experience: 4+ years in a role with a similar focus, 2+ years of predictive modelling experience preferred.
- Knowledge / Skills:
- Advanced experience building predictive and explanatory models that solve specific business problems.
- Advanced skills in Python or R, ideally Python.
- Strong ability to communicate technical details visually and in written form to broader stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and investigative nature to ensure error-free, high quality, reproducible analysis.
- Experience working with automated systems to produce model outcomes with ongoing monitoring.
- Experience with collaborative data and software development via git and you’re comfortable in the command line.
- Enjoy abstracting, generalizing and create efficient, scalable processes that benefit the wider team.
- Experience with one or more of the following types of modelling approaches: credit scoring models, cost sensitive learning, ARIME and LSTM forecasting.
- Experience with running operational experiments and evaluating casual inference.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, similar cloud providers and tools also a plus
- Familiarity with agile data ops development processes, unit testing, source control, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools for stakeholder communication.
- COMPENSATION: Competitive package covering a monthly salary reflective of the candidate’s experience and skills, performance bonus and medical benefits.
How to Apply