United States International University – Africa is located in the Kasarani area, off Thika Road in the suburb of Kenya’s capital city of Nairobi. The university is an independent, not-for-profit institution serving 6512 students representing 69 nationalities. It offers 24 degree programs from undergraduate to doctoral level, all of which are accredited in Kenya and the United States of America.
- Performance of tests and laboratory procedures such as preparing samples and doing manual tests that are based on detailed instructions and protocol.
- Planning, documenting, setting up, undertaking (and guiding students on) controlled experiments and trials.
- Maintenance of laboratory use records, with reports as and when needed.
- Provision of semester and annual inventories reports.
- Use of automated equipment and computerized instruments capable of performing a number of tests at the same time.
- Preparation of laboratory testing samples for examination by faculty and students.
- Discussion of results and findings of laboratory tests and procedures with faculty and students.
- Operation and maintenance of sophisticated instruments and apparatus.
- Operation and maintenance of a safe Experimental Animals House.
- Set up, calibration, maintenance, operation and shutting down of laboratory instruments.
- Preparation of equipment maintenance schedules and timely and satisfactory maintenance.
- Maintenance of competence in a Laboratory Information System that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory.
- Maintenance of material safety data sheets for all School chemicals and products.
- Active participation in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely and meets customer needs.
- Training and orientation of new Laboratory Technologists in the performance and interpretation of tests.
- Engagement in service to the university, the profession and to the community.
- Adherence to the USIU-Africa Laboratory Safety and Operational Guidelines.
- Performance of any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Educational Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or A higher / advanced diploma in a related field from an accredited academic institution;
- Registration by relevant regulatory body (if applicable);
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in a similar position in a research or higher learning Institution, with evidence of support given to faculty / students during their research projects.
A specialty in any of the following areas:
- Pharmaceutical Sciences / Chemistry / Analysis OR
- Pharmaceutical Technology OR
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
Skills, Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 22 June. 2022