About The Role
To provide high quality legal support to the business to support ongoing business, enable new initiatives and effectively mitigate legal risk.
Essence of the role: Confidence & proactivity
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide sound legal advice to senior management across a wide range of commercial, tech & logistics initiatives.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the business units including drafting & negotiation of contracts, and supervising output within the legal team.
- Manage relationships with, and deliverables expected of, external legal service providers to safeguard Sendy’s interests.
- Provide legal support for high stake insurance claims.
- Support on legal aspects of Sendy’s expansion into other countries.
- Support Sendy’s fundraising rounds particularly by facilitating legal due diligence, and preparation of investment documents.
- Continuously monitor legal compliance and alignment to best practice within the organization.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a reputable university.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya/ Uganda
- Minimum four years’ post-qualification experience
- Demonstrably good management experience
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options