Internship In Kenya 2022,
To support the procurement function, SNV Kenya is seeking an intern to support with the day-to-day procurement activities for the organization.
The position holder is expected to adhere to the SNV procurement policy while undertaking the following specific activities:
- Support with the day-to-day procurement requests for various projects across the organization.
- Source for quotations and negotiate with suppliers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Receive and evaluate quotations from suppliers and make recommendations for award.
- Prepare Purchase Orders in line with SNV Kenya policy and send dully approved copies to all the relevant parties.
- Coordinate delivery of goods from vendors and dispatch to various SNV offices.
- Ensure timely delivery of items from various vendors and dispatch to various SNV Kenya country offices.
- Support with carrying out basic due diligence checks for suppliers.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to ensure that payments to vendors are made on time.
- Any tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree in procurement /supply chain management
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili; written and oral.
- Intermediate /advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Some previous experience in procurement not required but preferred
- Experience in SAP By Design preferred
- A fast thinker with creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and be accountable for results.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-starter
- A person of integrity
What’s in it for you?
- Good, solid experience in procurement that you can add to your CV
- A fun, inclusive team
- Lots of learning opportunities
Assignment duration – The internship will be for a period of 6 months with possibility of extension
Remuneration – SNV Kenya will pay a monthly stipend and cover all field costs relating to the assigned tasks in the internship period as guided by SNV policies.
How to Apply
Please submit your application by clicking on “I’M INTERESTED” here and submitting a cover letter and CV that has details of your three (3) referees via Smart Recruiters on or before 15th December 2022 to be considered for this position.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
SNV does not require you to pay any amount of money for you to be recruited nor does it require you to undertake any medical examinations prior to being engaged for an assignment.