SOS Children’s Villages Adherence Counsellor Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV – International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person to become an Adherence Counsellor for SOS CV Kenya, Medical Centre based in Nairobi.
Key Functions of the Job
The Adherence Counsellor will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- Participate in retesting of newly identified HIV positive clients
- Provide continuous psychosocial support as well as treatment preparation to clients in the CCC
- Coordinate patient tracking activities supported by the community health volunteers including appointment booking, defaulter tracing activities, home visits and referrals of patients where necessary.
- Identify and address barriers to adherence and strengthen adherence counseling for all patient populations including patients with viremia, adolescents and children
- Organize and facilitate support group sessions for infected and affected clients including priority groups i.e. discordant couples, adolescent and young people, patients with viremia and children
- Support clients disclose their HIV status with a focus on pediatrics and adolescents
- Facilitate the delivery of Positive Health Dignity & Prevention (PHDP) information to clients enrolled in CCC
- Ensure proper documentation of client records, registers and reports.
- Ensure all contacts of index clients with unknown HIV status are tested and documented in clients records
- Supervise the community health volunteers and peer educators to optimize performance
- Compile and submit monthly reports on Psychosocial Support services and Patient tracking activities.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology.
- Must be computer literate.
- At least 2 years’ experience in active adherence counselling..
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good organizational, managerial, planning, reporting skills and counselling skills.
- A good understanding of issues facing orphans & vulnerable children.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 1st March 2019 by email to: email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.