SRC Research, Compliance, Policy and Planning Director Job in Kenya 2019
The Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC) is an independent Commission established under Article 230 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, with the mandate to set and regularly review the Remuneration and Benefits of all State Officers and to advise the National and County Governments on the Remuneration and Benefits of all other Public Officers.
In carrying out its mandate, the Commission has to take into account the principles of; fiscal sustainability of the public compensation bill, attraction and retention of requisite skills for service delivery, productivity and performance, transparency, fairness and equity.
The Commission seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position:
Director, Research, Compliance, Policy and Planning
(Five Year Contract)
Job Summary: This position reports to the CEO and is responsible for strategic leadership in the formulation and implementation of Remuneration policies, elaborate research and compliance strategy frameworks and systems to enable the Commission make informed decisions in the determination of remuneration in the public sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To formulate strategy and policy guidelines on Research, Compliance, Policy and planning to guide the Commission.
- Develop Research Proposals to attract funding.
- Initiate research and comparative studies on current trends; Remuneration and Benefits, Productivity, among others.
- Initiate forums to disseminate research and compliance findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Initiate and develop related Remuneration and benefits Policies for the public Service.
- Coordinate the preparation of periodical work plans of the Commission in line with its overall strategic objectives.
- Initiate and coordinate research surveys that inform the remuneration and benefits policies and strategies.
- Develop Compliance Measurement mechanisms.
- Coordinate compliance activities of the Commission’s policies and advisories in the Public Service and prepare reports for the commission.
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the Commission’s strategic plan and annualized plans to operationalize the strategic plan.
- Manage and plan for the resources and staff in the directorate in a timely and affordable manner while maintaining high standards.
- Prepare and present Commission reports.
- Master’s Degree in related field from recognized institutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related study from recognized institutions.
- Strategic Leadership Development /or related post graduate qualifications in leadership/management.
- Must have twelve (12) years of experience, six (6) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable and comparable organization.
- Demonstrated successes in research, policy formulation, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public sector budgeting processes.
- Member to a relevant professional body with good standing.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent Negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams.
- Good Problem solving skills.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. Those who had applied for this position earlier are advised to re-apply.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
Kenya Revenue Authority.
Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Higher Education Loans Board.
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 15th April, 2019.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.