A State Agency in the security and administration of justice sector seeks to recruit a competent officer to fill vacant positions in its establishment.
Applicants must be Kenyan Citizens committed to delivering results and ready to work in a challenging environment and for long hours under minimum supervision.
The Agency will offer a competitive package to the successful candidates.
Information Technology Officer II
The Information, Technology Officer II will be reporting to the Senior Information, Technology Officer.
The overall duty is to provide efficient and effective ICT services to the Agency.
Specific duties include;
- Analyzing, designing, coding, testing, and implementing computer programs;
- providing user support systems and training of users;
- repairing and maintaining Information Communication Technology equipment and associated peripherals;
- receiving, installing and certifying Information Communication Technology equipment; and
- configuring of new Information technology equipment;
- Provide user support systems and train users;
- Repair and maintain information communication technology equipment and associated peripherals; and
- Performing any other duties required as may be required.
Qualifications and Experience:
For appointment to this grade, an applicant must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: computer science, information communication technology or in electronics, electrical engineering from a recognized university with a bias in information Communication Technology from a recognized institution;
- Certification in any of the following: MSCE, MTA, CCNA, A+, CISA, ITIL, CISSP or their equivalents.
- Knowledge and experience in website development & administration;
- Experience in Linux systems administration;
- Knowledge of Virtualization technology ; and
- Compliance to Chapter 6 and Article 10 of the Constitution
Note: For all the positions, the candidates must, in addition, possess the following attributes: high integrity; ability to make appropriate decisions; self-driven and motivated; professionalism; strong communication and good interpersonal skills; be a team player and have respect for diversity; have ability to maintain confidentiality; and be computer literate.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who meet the required qualifications should send their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, copies of appointment and promotional letters and other relevant testimonials, copy of National Identity Card, telephone contact, e-mail address, and names of three referees with their contacts. In addition, candidates should obtain clearance certificates from the following bodies: –
1. Higher Education Loans Board
2. Kenya Revenue Authority
3. Directorate of Criminal Investigation
4. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
5. Credit Reference Bureau
6. Any professional body to which the candidate is a member
Clearance certificates from the above mentioned bodies are to be availed during interview by those short listed.
Applications clearly indicating the Job Title and Reference Number on both the letter and envelope should be dropped at any Daily Nation or The Standard Group offices or send to the address below so as to be received on or before 7th September 2021
P.o box 49010-00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.