Surveillance Specialist Job, Medical Kenyan Job Vacancies,
Position Title: Surveillance Specialist
Project: USAID Stawisha Pwani
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
The position will be responsible for enhancing the county public health response systems through building the capacity of counties to support an integrated disease surveillance and response systems and strengthening HIV surveillance including HIV case-based surveillance (CBS) activities in the supported counties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Support the establishment of strong county integrated disease surveillance and response systems through overseen by a disease surveillance technical working group
- 2. Participate in planning for disease surveillance activities including HIV-related surveillance activities at county level
- 3. Build the capacity of health care providers in integrated disease surveillance and response include HIV CBS through training and mentorship
- 4. Collaborate with county and subcounty health management teams to roll-out routine HIV CBS to supported facilities with electronic medical records and ensure regular reporting of sentinel events
- 5. Implement a system to capture HIV CBS activities in facilities using paper-based records systems and reporting of this to the national HIV CBS system
- 6. Regularly generate, analyze monitor and evaluate HIV CBS reports for optimal functioning of the systems and to inform program prioritization
- 7. Strengthen the implementation of national disease surveillance systems at county, sub-county and facility level
- Masters’ Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, or related field.
- At least five years’ experience in health surveillance and public health epidermic response.
- Experience in health programs including HIV and TB.
- Experience in research methodology and monitoring and evaluation.
- Solid understanding of and experience working with the MoH Surveillance systems.
- Experience using statistical software packages including Epi Info, SPSS, SAS, Stata, or R and data visualization software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated skill in health care provider training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work with diverse teams.
How to Apply
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 22nd July 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “SURVEILLANCE SPECIALIST” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted