Tamarind Group HR Assistant Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Vacancy: HR Assistant
Unit: Tamarind Group
Starting date: Immediately
Who are we?
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role bases in Nairobi.
- Recruitment and Selection: Assist in staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Employee Relations: Deal with staff grievances in a prompt, conscientious manner while paying attention to the company’s business needs and policies.
- Work place Health and Safety: Assist in maintaining Work Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Labour Relations: Assist in monitoring and facilitating applicable employment labor laws to ensure legal compliance
- Compensation and Benefits: Assist in tracking and updating payroll enrolments, changes and terminations and liaising with the finance team to ensure all payroll calculations are made for implementation in a timely manner.
- Human Resource Reporting and Administration: Timely and accurate updating of the HR reports
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
WHO ARE YOU?
Required skills and Competencies:
- Business or other relevant Degree. A higher diploma in Human Resources Management.
- 2 years’ relevant work experience in a hotel/restaurant is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of HR management
- Knowledge of employment and Labour Laws
- Proficient knowledge of operating a HRIS
- Strong problem solving, organization and inter-personal skills
- High integrity and maintaining confidentiality
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.