Tanager Livestock Vaccine Policy and Commercial Development Expert Job in Kenya 2019
Established in 1993, Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is an international nonprofit organization that brings people together at the table, on the ground, and across supply chains to co-create economic and social opportunities that change lives.
Based in Washington, D.C., Tanager works with partners and ACDI/VOCA family of companies to expand market access and unlock the full potential of shared market opportunities that result in reliable supply chains, stable incomes, healthy families, and resilient communities.
Livestock Vaccine Policy and Commercial Development Expert, East Africa
Tanager, an ACDI/VOCA affiliate, is promptly seeking a Livestock Vaccine Policy and Commercial Development Expert for the anticipated AgResults Foot and Mouth Disease Advance Market Commitment Project (FMD AMC). The purpose of this project is to encourage the development and uptake of improved foot and mouth disease (FMD) vaccines.
The project will focus on six countries in the East Africa region – Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. This is a unique project that uses market incentives to promote advances in livestock vaccines. Project Management will be responsible for engaging with vaccine manufacturers to participate in the AMC by developing, registering and then marketing FMD vaccines.
- Engage buyer stakeholders – both in the public and private sector – and liaise with manufacturers to structure country and regional allotments of vaccine sales.
- Oversee vaccine purchases and distribution.
- Work with government(s) in East Africa on FMD control efforts related to government budgets, public-sector procurement of animal health vaccines, and regulation of veterinary products.
- Analyze and advocate for policy development and change in animal health service delivery; monitor policy changes around veterinary vaccines and FMD control.
- Ensure effective stakeholder engagement and relations, public outreach and communications.
- Serve as Acting Team Leader when the Team Leader is absent.
- Support program operations and the submission of reports and deliverables, ensuring quality and compliance of all deliverables.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in livestock policy and commercial development
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience working with government(s) in East Africa on FMD control efforts especially related to government budgets and public sector procurement of animal health vaccines.
- Demonstrated experience with animal health/ FMD vaccination including the technical, logistical, and administrative elements of organizing a vaccination campaign; experience in regulation of veterinary products is highly desired.
- Policy development experience using evidence-based approaches and policy research.
- Familiarity with the development and use of policy tools such as advocacy papers and policy briefs, which support policymakers in reviewing and revising policy frameworks
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants from African countries strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs.
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted.
ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.