PKF firms in Eastern Africa are among the leading firms of accountants and business advisers. PKF in Eastern Africa is represented in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia and Somalia/Somaliland and through its associated firms in Ethiopia and Southern Sudan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all Water and Sewerage services infrastructure is operated and maintained to required standards.
- Ensure that water is treated and distributed.
- Taking responsibility for collecting and treating resultant wasted and ensure safe disposal.
- Ensuring proper management of the company’s investment in Plant and Machinery.
- To ensure that the Directorate’s operations/activities are executed in an environmentally friendly manner.
- To execute the Directorate operations in a universally accepted Quality Management Systems for the sustenance of ISO certification.
- Ensuring the Directorate embraces ICT, Risk Management, control measures and new technologies.
- Liaise with Athi Water Works Development Agency (AWWDA) in the Infrastructure Development.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in the performance of the Technical Directorate.
- Support managers to ensure quality and timely outputs from their respective departments.
- Ensure the technical audits are carried out on time and necessary actions are taken.
- Ensure provision of quality water to domestic, commercial and industrial customers i.e. to customers and stakeholders.
- Ensure proper treatment and disposal of sewage in accordance with legal and company provisions.
- Ensure compliance with standards and procedures for the acquisition, operation and maintenance of technical works.
- Ensure that all Water and Sewerage services infrastructure is operated and maintained to the required standards.
- Provide technical expertise and advise in the acquisition of contractors and consultants for major works.
Education, Professional Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University.
- Master’s Degree in Civil/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognised University.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Management will be an added advantage.
- Must be a Registered Engineer with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB), Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) or equivalent.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in a similar role in a large organisation.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Go getter capable of providing generation compliant technical solutions to the company’s critical functions to boost efficiency, reliability and timely delivery of service.
- Experience in drafting and working under performance contracts.
- Possession of skills in productivity improvement, project contracting and management.
- Experience in budget planning and execution.
- Exceptional communication skills are essential in order to explain complex Technical related issues to non-technical colleagues.
- In-depth experience of negotiating with and managing third parties.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the reference number as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 4 July. 2022