Job Title: Quality Analyst – Functional Testing Engineer
Role Description: Reporting to the QA- Functional Testing Lead,the position holder will execute Software functional testing and ensure solutions delivered to the customers meet the desired user specifications; ensuring all bugs are identified and resolved before product launch leading to zero revenue losses and customer impact.
He / he is responsible for executing the test strategy; plan, monitor and control the testing activities related to User Acceptance testing, with an emphasis on validating solution / product readiness for production.
- Accountable for end to end user acceptance testing, end to end reporting & analysis on test progress, testing process and tracking of bugs to resolutions and stakeholder management, ensuring product testing is executed within the planned timelines
- Adopt creativity to achieve higher levels of competency and efficiency through adoption of fit for future technologies.
- Responsible for end to end management of large test teams and ensuring the testers execute within planned timelines and scope for the projects
- Accountable for implementation and management of fully functional test environments for all IT systems ensuring stability of all test environments including subsequent upgrades and modernization on these environments
- Accountable for administration and maintaining tools for test management (ALM); ensuring proper use of all test tools
- Define suitable metrics for measuring test progress and evaluation of the quality of the testing process and products
- Accountable for setting up quality gates and ensuring that a product is comprehensively checked and passed through all the gates before acceptance testing
- Accountability in test data management including building of tools to manage the test resources and build a process around the management of test resources
- Accountable for validation of quality of all releases and fully accountable for product readiness to production
- Undertake programs to increase the quality of delivery and ensure zero major defects escape into production
Role Requirement and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Development or related subject
- 2 years + experience in software testing in a busy IT environment
- Strong understanding of the software Testing Life cycle (STLC)
- Experience in managing large test teams
- Ability to effectively manage competing resources and priorities
- Knowledge of Acceptance Test Driven Development
- Experience in functional testing and use of test management tools (Micro-Focus ALM)
- Experience in test design techniques (black box and white box)
- Experience with report generation and analysis of testing results
- Strong risk identification and mitigation planning skills
- ISTQB or ITIL is an added advantage.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below: