Teller Jobs, Banking Jobs in Kenya, Finance Jobs in Kenya, GDC Sacco Jobs
Reports To: Branch Manager
Purpose: Provide a consistently high quality frontline transaction service to customers
encompassing the cash deposit and withdrawals, cashing of cheques and other items,
acceptance of deposits and the provision of change. Understand the risks associated with the
control and handling of cash, and maintain effective controls to manage these risks.
- Process all cash transactions taking place in the Sacco
- Maintain accurate details of each transaction
- Perform due diligence to member accounts while performing telling duties i.e. verification of key account details.
- Tally the full cash amount at the end of each day
- Make daily reports and submit them to the Sacco manager
- Help the customers to get through tedious Banking processes
- Attend to change transactions. Accept cheque and/or cash deposits in all accepted currencies, according to laid-down procedures.
- Assist with finalizing cash transactions captured by officers who do not operate tills.
- Ensure that cheques included in deposits are checked in terms of Duty of Care obligations.
- Ensure that all items cashed are within laid-down limits and refer all transactions exceeding limits to the appropriate area for authorization.
- Ensure that items cashed are technically correct and signed, according to laid-down instructions.
Control of cash
- Ensure that all laid-down policies and procedures regarding the handling, locking away and security of cash are adhered to.
- Ensure that cash holdings are kept within prescribed limits at all times.
- Balance cash daily and report any differences promptly
- Pro-active selling
- Identify opportunities for migrating customers to more appropriate and cost-effective channels. i.e. Mobile/Agency
- Grow members by participating in marketing activities
- Up selling of Sacco Products to customers
- Sustain good relations with the clients
- Proactively cross sell Sacco products to our customers with focus on transactional business and digital channels in line with the Performance Contract.
- Bring in new customers and open new accounts by advertising new and existing Sacco products and boosting business referrals such as mortgages, insurances, loans, lending, etc.
- Educate and provide practical training to new employees Compliance
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption within the Branch of all Compliance
- Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of customers including those that require being subjected to Enhanced Due Diligence for on-boarding and continued business
- Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Carry out any other duty as assigned by the supervisor or any other authorized person.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors Degree in Business Management/Banking and Finance/Accounts of any
other related course
CPA Part I & II
2 to 3 years experience in a Sacco
Critical competencies required
- Sound knowledge of the Sacco’s laid-down policies and procedures related to telling.
- Sound knowledge of the legal aspects regarding cheques and cash handling.
- Sound knowledge of the applicable device handling.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Proficient with general computer applications
- Proven track of High performance record in current role
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should apply in writing and submit the application enclosing;
- A detailed C.V
- Current and Expected remuneration,
- Copies of Academic, Professional certificates and Testimonials
addressed to: –
GDC Sacco Ltd.
P. O. Box 896-00216
So as to reach him on or before 24th January, 2020. Applicants must clearly indicate the position they are applying for on the envelope.
Email applications will NOT be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for subsequent interviews and selection